how about a 2010 FT calendar?
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
shell :jayrs :yeah, hope it doesnt though![]()
2...... you dont even know how much there be yet![]()
One for garage... one for work...
Its for charity![]()
x
thats what i like to hear
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
M1K3Y_B :Knuckles :I do get the impression from a lot of ford owners when i speak to them, if its ain't a Rs, cossie or St they ain't interested.
I know that sounds awful to the rest of the fords out there but that's how i felt on passionford forum when i first went on there. I only had a XR2i back then and even that wasn't good enough for that environment.
Thats hardly being passionate about Fords then is it?![]()
being passionate about fords doesnt mean people need to admire or like everything ford have ever made.
everybody has there opinion on certain cars. Which of course they are entitled to.
But be real mikey, when i see a Ford iveco or a galaxy i dont think how nice it is as its a ford.
Ive been there and got the t-shirt regarding the basic 1.1 fiesta. No one battered a eye lid at the car.
Now i have the Rs and put it back to how ford intended , i get people all the time come up to me and comment on how nice it is and that you dont see many these days.
i had a guy that must of been 50 years old come over to me in tesco car park when i was checking my oil. cutting a 10 minute conversation short he said ''I havent seen one of these for years looking this original. i remember the red rs i used to own, such a lovely car to drive.''


~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
- knuckles
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 6841
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
knuckles :i had a guy that must of been 50 years old come over to me in tesco car park when i was checking my oil. cutting a 10 minute conversation short he said ''I havent seen one of these for years looking this original. i remember the red rs i used to own, such a lovely car to drive.''
a red one you say...
na im kidding
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
Knuckles, my point was simply that, ifpeope are that arrogant that there not interested in a certain fords because its doesn't have the RS/XR/ST badge then thats hardly being passionate about fords is it?
I can totally understand not being passionate about every model made, but they are some amazing example of fords out there that don't wear one of the above badges, and because they don't have a certain badge they ain't interested.
I can totally understand not being passionate about every model made, but they are some amazing example of fords out there that don't wear one of the above badges, and because they don't have a certain badge they ain't interested.

| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing!
- M1K3Y_B
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 7299
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm
- Location: Somewhere In West Sussex, England
Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
I can remember joining the RSOC years ago and no one would give you the time of day unless you have a Cosworth 
- JamieFRST
- Keep It Tidy


- Posts: 23917
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
JamieFRST :I can remember joining the RSOC years ago and no one would give you the time of day unless you have a Cosworth
yeah, they must all be on passionford now
Tweek :The thing is though, the non-XR/RS cars that would make it into the calendar though will be just as good to look at if not better than some of the FRSTs in the calendar. For example, neither heeman's, rawli's nor max's old mk3.5 carry the RS badge yet all are amazing cars. I think those wanting just genuine RS badged cars are a bit ignorant tbh.
sorry mate only just seen your reply there.
and you see the point ive been making
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
I'm just personally giving an outsiders view. I've never owned, nor will I own a Mk3 or Mk3.5 fiesta, FRST or otherwise. I therefore would stand no chance at all of getting a car in this calender. If I were in the market to be buying a calender, I would definately buy a calender 'Fiesta RS Turbo', than 'Mk3 & Mk3.5 Fiesta'. If you get my drift.
All the cars you have listed of examples of base model fiestas have all been fitted with parts to make them look like a FRST, essentially copies of an RS Turbo.
I know how most of you will feel because the majority don't have RS Turbos, but maybe would like to see their pride and joy within it.
Steve
All the cars you have listed of examples of base model fiestas have all been fitted with parts to make them look like a FRST, essentially copies of an RS Turbo.
I know how most of you will feel because the majority don't have RS Turbos, but maybe would like to see their pride and joy within it.
Steve
- Captain Tightpants
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 3723
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
- Location: Somerset
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
would you still buy a calendar though.....?
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
Depends if there were one with classic tractors on to be honest.
Probably would mate, it depends. I'm an RS fan, not a Fiesta fan. I can appreciate a car that left the factory as a rare sought after car. I'm not into my replicas TBH, Either way I would be happy to put my charity donation your way.
Steve
Probably would mate, it depends. I'm an RS fan, not a Fiesta fan. I can appreciate a car that left the factory as a rare sought after car. I'm not into my replicas TBH, Either way I would be happy to put my charity donation your way.
Steve
- Captain Tightpants
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 3723
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
- Location: Somerset
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
so what ya saying is you want to droll all over the red frsts that might be in it,. ok i get ya
hmm classic tractors, there could be a standard FRST with standard shocks mate, with the 3 spokes too, tractor like wheels, tractor like ride hight.... you sold already i can tell

hmm classic tractors, there could be a standard FRST with standard shocks mate, with the 3 spokes too, tractor like wheels, tractor like ride hight.... you sold already i can tell
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
I can kinda see Steve's point (about the FRSTs, not the tractors lol). But also at the same time I think the idea was for it to be a FT calendar to get the 'community' involved kinda thing.

- Tweek
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 9240
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:22 am
- Location: Gloucester
- Your car: VW Golf GTD
Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Zetec Turbo
- Captain Tightpants
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 3723
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
- Location: Somerset
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
lol that should be the 13th page to stop an argument breaking out after all fellers its for charity and ill be buying one regardless 
- dangerousdave
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm
- Location: Nottingham Drives : xr2i turbo!
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
hmmm, it is red so its tempting
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
M1K3Y_B :Knuckles, my point was simply that, ifpeope are that arrogant that there not interested in a certain fords because its doesn't have the RS/XR/ST badge then thats hardly being passionate about fords is it?
I can totally understand not being passionate about every model made, but they are some amazing example of fords out there that don't wear one of the above badges, and because they don't have a certain badge they ain't interested.
unfortunatly mikey certain ford owners do have this arrogant attitude toward non rs ,cossie, st fords. I see it all the time at the local passionford meet in enfield.
And on the other hand there are owners on the Rsoc which will not give you the time of day unless your cars chassis number left the factory as a Rs.


~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
- knuckles
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 6841
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
pimsle
well them type of people are just sad lonely flat cap Ford spotters imo
I dont care if it's a skoda with an RS engine in it if it looks good then I like it as that's what been into cars is all about to me
well them type of people are just sad lonely flat cap Ford spotters imo
I dont care if it's a skoda with an RS engine in it if it looks good then I like it as that's what been into cars is all about to me

Cruisers dont die they just keep cruisin
- CrAzY kAyLL
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:00 am
- Location: Northwest
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
CrAzY kAyLL :if it looks good then I like it as that's what been into cars is all about to me
Which is where I'm at with it. The point of this is not to massage egos but to sell a calendar and make a profit for charity; if there's a wider variety of vehicles then I suspect the calendar will be more popular than it will be by sticking to a single type, mark or model of vehicle. I'd be very happy to see a nice RS1600 or S1 on there alongside a mint, clean red FRST simply because it looks that damned good.
Nothing to see here...
- andymac
- Elite Pie Master

- Posts: 11056
- Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:00 am
- Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
tractor-wheeled-fiesta-vt173396/
The tractor wheeled fiesta could be on the 13th page just so us Somerset lot buy it
The tractor wheeled fiesta could be on the 13th page just so us Somerset lot buy it
- JamieFRST
- Keep It Tidy


- Posts: 23917
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
- andymac
- Elite Pie Master

- Posts: 11056
- Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:00 am
- Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
andymac :I'd be very happy to see a nice RS1600 or S1 on there alongside a mint, clean red FRST simply because it looks that damned good.I think I'm in the minority though.
That would look old skool

Cruisers dont die they just keep cruisin
- CrAzY kAyLL
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:00 am
- Location: Northwest
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
andymac :I'd be very happy to see a nice RS1600 or S1 on there alongside a mint, clean red FRST simply because it looks that damned good.I think I'm in the minority though.
i would also like to see a variety cars as i already mentioned. A beatiful sierra rs cosworth, S1 escort in white, mk4 Rs turbo escort , A nice standard xr2i, maybe a Rs1800 too. . . But the minute i see a Fiesta Si... the calender goes in the bin.


~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
- knuckles
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 6841
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
knuckles :But the minute i see a Fiesta Si... the calender goes in the bin.
Even though I don't agree that is a classic comment
- dontpannic
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 7246
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:21 pm
- Location: Orpington, Kent
- Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car
Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
Don't let fiesta-si.com see that comment!
- Max M4X WW
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 18161
- Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:52 pm
- Location: Hampshire
- Your car: Merc CL500
Car: 2014 BMW M135i
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
mines is an Si
but then again it dont look like one or have the Si engine so that makes me feel better 

Cruisers dont die they just keep cruisin
- CrAzY kAyLL
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 1190
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:00 am
- Location: Northwest
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
CrAzY kAyLL :mines is an Sibut then again it dont look like one or have the Si engine so that makes me feel better
That's acceptable then, if it's a three door.
Oh crap, I'm trolling
Nothing to see here...
- andymac
- Elite Pie Master

- Posts: 11056
- Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:00 am
- Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
COPIED FROM OTHER THREAD
I don't think so, I just mocked one up to see how it looks. Obviously its not polished yet, I only spent 10 mins on it, but you get my drift.

EDIT: Pictures should be on top. Sorry, I'm useless
CrAzY kAyLL :Imo I think it would make it look tackie and each months page ould look bunched up like twos company threes a crowd
I don't think so, I just mocked one up to see how it looks. Obviously its not polished yet, I only spent 10 mins on it, but you get my drift.

EDIT: Pictures should be on top. Sorry, I'm useless
- dontpannic
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 7246
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:21 pm
- Location: Orpington, Kent
- Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car
Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
what have i started
as i said in the other post, (man this is getting complicated with 2 threads
) if people can let me know there feelings towards the ideas put forward so far i would be greatfull,.
will mean looking at the other thread also though
as i said in the other post, (man this is getting complicated with 2 threads
will mean looking at the other thread also though
- jayrs
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 31520
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
- Location: I.O.W
- Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
I think that layout looks good and it gets more cars in the calendar 
- JamieFRST
- Keep It Tidy


- Posts: 23917
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
You forgot to photoshop my birthday on 1st Feb!
x
x
- Shell
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 1132
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:02 am
- Location: Sunny Blackpool
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
haha that's an idea actually, could have it printed with member's birthdays at their requestshell :You forgot to photoshop my birthday on 1st Feb!![]()
![]()
x

- Tweek
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 9240
- Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:22 am
- Location: Gloucester
- Your car: VW Golf GTD
Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Zetec Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
Tweek :haha that's an idea actually, could have it printed with member's birthdays at their requestshell :You forgot to photoshop my birthday on 1st Feb!![]()
![]()
x
No
But would be good to have show dates in there
- JamieFRST
- Keep It Tidy


- Posts: 23917
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing!
- M1K3Y_B
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 7299
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm
- Location: Somewhere In West Sussex, England
Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic
Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?
of course it looks good mikey . . . Its got a pic of my car on it. 
Very good layout for a mock up idea
Very good layout for a mock up idea


~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
- knuckles
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 6841
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
- Location: Hertfordshire
- Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo




