M4D RST - Photo update
- Wittmann
- Newbie Poster

- Posts: 48
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:57 am
- Location: Finland
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
The handles are moulded then a carbon fibre skin is bonded to the original handle then lacqured (sp) 

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
saw these yesterday and i like very much, lol might be putting in a phone call to see how much 

- TANGO.
- Senior Poster

- Posts: 412
- Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:56 pm
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
A very nice touch I think. Could possibly do the black plastic on the locks to match? Has it ever been done? as it is very small.
- Luke2008
- Senior Poster


- Posts: 270
- Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 am
- Location: Oxford
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
I looked over the car a few times at the show and meh it could be better lol only joking mate! Its pawn as usual.I wanted to get more pics but too many people around wanting to peering into the engine bay and I felt rude standing in their way
Oh and I said on msn I'd talk to you at fitp but you was always busy when I saw you and didn't want to interupt so sorry about that again lol although I'm sure you could live without my million and 1 questions
Oh and I said on msn I'd talk to you at fitp but you was always busy when I saw you and didn't want to interupt so sorry about that again lol although I'm sure you could live without my million and 1 questions

- Silversleeper
- Poster

- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:38 am
- Location: Boston - Lincolnshire
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
Silversleeper :I looked over the car a few times at the show and meh it could be better lol only joking mate! Its pawn as usual.I wanted to get more pics but too many people around wanting to peering into the engine bay and I felt rude standing in their way![]()
Oh and I said on msn I'd talk to you at fitp but you was always busy when I saw you and didn't want to interupt so sorry about that again lol although I'm sure you could live without my million and 1 questions
Ah mate shame you didnt just pipe up and have a chat...
I tried to answer/ chat to anyone that wanted questions answered or had advice.
You got me on MSN anyways mate so any questions just fire them over.

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
Yeah I was stood by your nearside wing when you was putting the bonnet back on...I was thinking to myself Oi luca I was trying to take a picture! 

- Silversleeper
- Poster

- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:38 am
- Location: Boston - Lincolnshire
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
Silversleeper :Yeah I was stood by your nearside wing when you was putting the bonnet back on...I was thinking to myself Oi luca I was trying to take a picture!
Well you should have said OI! Leave it alone!

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
i read the article on this in the redline mag the other week, such a nice car well done,

Drives: Generation 6 Toyota Celica GT
- :: blade ::
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 3:32 pm
- Location: manchester
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
Not good to hear about the engine!!
I might have to pop down saturday and have a quick glance at the car
I keep meaning to ask to come have a little look at it lol
- - Danny Boy -
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 3844
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
- Your car: Fiesta Si 2.0
Re: M4D RST Fiesta
Well i guess i had keep you all in the loop of the car.
Im afriad to say its currently a little sore.
Pics do the talking.
WHY OH WHY DIDNT I BUY A MAGNETIC SUMP PLUG!
Well everyone, I have to say im slightly lost for words...
Jim kindly took time out today to strip the engine down and see what failed, what was damaged and what was on the cards to need replacing.
Where shall I start....
I was greated with this when I arrived! We were pretty gob smacked to say the least.

Next was to remove the oil pump in which we thought was the original culprit for causing the damage to the engine. We were right on that one for sure!
This is what a silver top pump looks like when it is time to part and venture along the oil ways.

Next stop was the rods to see how the shells had handled the lack of oil supply due to oil pressure being low.
It got a little hot and steamy in there the shells spun on all four...
One set of uprated rods trashed.

The most devasting part for me was the pistons and block damage
what more can be said than ....RIP CP piston..

So the whole engine is a write-off.
The car looks like this until the new engine arrives.

poor lil fes -goodtimes are missed already

Im afriad to say its currently a little sore.
Pics do the talking.
WHY OH WHY DIDNT I BUY A MAGNETIC SUMP PLUG!
Well everyone, I have to say im slightly lost for words...
Jim kindly took time out today to strip the engine down and see what failed, what was damaged and what was on the cards to need replacing.
Where shall I start....
I was greated with this when I arrived! We were pretty gob smacked to say the least.

Next was to remove the oil pump in which we thought was the original culprit for causing the damage to the engine. We were right on that one for sure!
This is what a silver top pump looks like when it is time to part and venture along the oil ways.

Next stop was the rods to see how the shells had handled the lack of oil supply due to oil pressure being low.
It got a little hot and steamy in there the shells spun on all four...
One set of uprated rods trashed.

The most devasting part for me was the pistons and block damage
what more can be said than ....RIP CP piston..

So the whole engine is a write-off.
The car looks like this until the new engine arrives.

poor lil fes -goodtimes are missed already

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
it hurts me to look at the pictures.
that oil pump looks fooked!
i really am sh*ting myself now.
what engine are you going for now?
keeping to the sliver top or going down the black top route?
that oil pump looks fooked!
i really am sh*ting myself now.
what engine are you going for now?
keeping to the sliver top or going down the black top route?

- SEG1
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:54 pm
- Location: North London
Car: 1992 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
Sticking with the Silver top style engine but obviously I have to start again.
Not even the block is useable
The one thing that I assure you will be upgraded is the oilpump issue.
Not even the block is useable
The one thing that I assure you will be upgraded is the oilpump issue.

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
gutted for you
was looking forward to seeing it do some times at the pod this weekend.

450 bhp moonstone blue 2wd saph
2012 E250 cdi Sport convertible
- Ram
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 1361
- Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:39 am
- Location: oxFORDshire
- Your car: Mint Mk2 Cortina 2dr Zetec
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
yeah keep me posted with the uprated oil pump has im looking for one now.
also luca who done your turbo damper?
also luca who done your turbo damper?

- SEG1
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:54 pm
- Location: North London
Car: 1992 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
this really is a terrible thing the car is a piece of work and it couldnt of hapend to a nicer bloke but im sure he will bounce back with something special good luck with the build mate
- andyb-rst
- Senior Poster

- Posts: 390
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:53 pm
- Location: wakefield/west yorkshire
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
Ram :gutted for youwas looking forward to seeing it do some times at the pod this weekend.
It will be back, just not sure exactly when.

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
RS_seg :yeah keep me posted with the uprated oil pump has im looking for one now.
also luca who done your turbo damper?
Jkm did the damper for me mate, DONT worry im not doing anything until the oil pump issue is resolved.
I feel like ive lost a brother here bloody gutted
The worst thing is that a £100 part, the oil pump has trashed almost 5 grand of engine.

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
andyb-rst :this really is a terrible thing the car is a piece of work and it couldnt of hapend to a nicer bloke but im sure he will bounce back with something special good luck with the build mate
Cheers buddy.

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
sorry sight luca:(
will be great if ian can come out of retirement to sort it out.
will be great if ian can come out of retirement to sort it out.
- GavStyli
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 3196
- Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:00 am
- Location: palmers greek
- Your car: Fiesta Turbo
Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
GavStyli :sorry sight luca:(
will be great if ian can come out of retirement to sort it out.
First person I called last night
We will be working on something soon.

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
sorry to see that Luke, I think I might have actually cried in your situation 
- Chris 2i
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 4371
- Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 10:39 pm
- Location: Swindon
- jonboisescort
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 2055
- Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 pm
- Location: christchurch dorset
Car: 1994 Ford Fiesta
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
Gutted for you mate
Its a never ending story this car modding game.

Its a never ending story this car modding game.

- Turboboy67
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 5605
- Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Shaftesbury, Dorset
- Your car: 911GT3 RS
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
soo gutted for you luke ...i take it from the pics the head and cams survived??.if you ever want a lift up to any shows let me know...saves driving that bloody beemer...


- FRSJON
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 4662
- Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:26 pm
- Location: ISLE OF WIGHT
- Your car: frozen white/carbon zt
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
FRSJON :soo gutted for you luke ...i take it from the pics the head and cams survived??.if you ever want a lift up to any shows let me know...saves driving that bloody beemer...![]()

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
Well time is precious so the re-build has begun today!
Spent the day stripping the engine bay and the car is off to the bodyshop on Monday for engine bay freshen up.


Looking into the oil pump issue and have just had a call to confirm that the new part will fit on the engine
Wether it fits the car is another matter

Spent the day stripping the engine bay and the car is off to the bodyshop on Monday for engine bay freshen up.


Looking into the oil pump issue and have just had a call to confirm that the new part will fit on the engine
Wether it fits the car is another matter

11.7 @129mph - Central Day 2011
183.99mph Fastest FWD Ford in UK
- luca
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2127
- Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
dry sump?
glad to see that you are pushing ahead with it mate!
glad to see that you are pushing ahead with it mate!
- xrsi
- XR(ustyAtTheMo)SI

- Posts: 7351
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
- Location: shropshire
- jonboisescort
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 2055
- Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 pm
- Location: christchurch dorset
Car: 1994 Ford Fiesta
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
Gutted to read what happened but glad your pushing on sorting it.
2014 Fiesta ST3 & Mk6 Fez ST
- mrorange2
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2807
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:42 pm
- Location: Doncaster\Scunthorpe
- Your car: 2014 Fiesta ST3, Mk6 Fez ST
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
I automatically assumed that this was dry sumped?
Unfortunate events by the looks of things. Still a harsh lesson learnt no doubt.
Onwards and upwards.
Steve
Unfortunate events by the looks of things. Still a harsh lesson learnt no doubt.
Onwards and upwards.
Steve
- Captain Tightpants
- Elite Post Master


- Posts: 3723
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
- Location: Somerset
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
I love how quickly you get on with things mate
So sad to see this car with no engine
I hope you get it sorted soon buddy!
Bigger and better is what i say.. Jeremy Clarkson would say more 'POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR'
Keep us updated
Bigger and better is what i say.. Jeremy Clarkson would say more 'POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR'
Keep us updated
- - Danny Boy -
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 3844
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm
- Location: Portsmouth
- Your car: Fiesta Si 2.0
Re: M4D RST Fiesta= REBUILD TIME
hey dude just going to say hi, its been a while, how are things, etc, etc then....... i saw it
need say no more!!!
need say no more!!!
- dangerousdave
- Elite Post Master

- Posts: 2687
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm
- Location: Nottingham Drives : xr2i turbo!









