how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Serious non-car discussion - computers, films etc. Pointless posts will be removed.

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:31 am

shell :
jayrs :yeah, hope it doesnt though :)

2...... you dont even know how much there be yet :lol: :lol:


One for garage... one for work...

Its for charity :lol:

x


thats what i like to hear :Q
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby knuckles on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:22 pm

M1K3Y_B :
Knuckles :I do get the impression from a lot of ford owners when i speak to them, if its ain't a Rs, cossie or St they ain't interested.

I know that sounds awful to the rest of the fords out there but that's how i felt on passionford forum when i first went on there. I only had a XR2i back then and even that wasn't good enough for that environment.


Thats hardly being passionate about Fords then is it? :rolleyes:


being passionate about fords doesnt mean people need to admire or like everything ford have ever made.

everybody has there opinion on certain cars. Which of course they are entitled to.
But be real mikey, when i see a Ford iveco or a galaxy i dont think how nice it is as its a ford. :lol:

Ive been there and got the t-shirt regarding the basic 1.1 fiesta. No one battered a eye lid at the car.
Now i have the Rs and put it back to how ford intended , i get people all the time come up to me and comment on how nice it is and that you dont see many these days.

i had a guy that must of been 50 years old come over to me in tesco car park when i was checking my oil. cutting a 10 minute conversation short he said ''I havent seen one of these for years looking this original. i remember the red rs i used to own, such a lovely car to drive.''
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:36 pm

knuckles :i had a guy that must of been 50 years old come over to me in tesco car park when i was checking my oil. cutting a 10 minute conversation short he said ''I havent seen one of these for years looking this original. i remember the red rs i used to own, such a lovely car to drive.''


a red one you say... :lol:

na im kidding
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby M1K3Y_B on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Knuckles, my point was simply that, ifpeope are that arrogant that there not interested in a certain fords because its doesn't have the RS/XR/ST badge then thats hardly being passionate about fords is it?

I can totally understand not being passionate about every model made, but they are some amazing example of fords out there that don't wear one of the above badges, and because they don't have a certain badge they ain't interested.
Image
| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 7299
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Somewhere In West Sussex, England

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby JamieFRST on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 pm

I can remember joining the RSOC years ago and no one would give you the time of day unless you have a Cosworth :lol:
Image
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy
User avatar
Posts: 23917
Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:12 am

JamieFRST :I can remember joining the RSOC years ago and no one would give you the time of day unless you have a Cosworth :lol:



yeah, they must all be on passionford now :lol:

Tweek :The thing is though, the non-XR/RS cars that would make it into the calendar though will be just as good to look at if not better than some of the FRSTs in the calendar. For example, neither heeman's, rawli's nor max's old mk3.5 carry the RS badge yet all are amazing cars. I think those wanting just genuine RS badged cars are a bit ignorant tbh.


sorry mate only just seen your reply there.
and you see the point ive been making
:lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Captain Tightpants on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:35 am

I'm just personally giving an outsiders view. I've never owned, nor will I own a Mk3 or Mk3.5 fiesta, FRST or otherwise. I therefore would stand no chance at all of getting a car in this calender. If I were in the market to be buying a calender, I would definately buy a calender 'Fiesta RS Turbo', than 'Mk3 & Mk3.5 Fiesta'. If you get my drift.

All the cars you have listed of examples of base model fiestas have all been fitted with parts to make them look like a FRST, essentially copies of an RS Turbo.

I know how most of you will feel because the majority don't have RS Turbos, but maybe would like to see their pride and joy within it.

Steve
Image
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 3723
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:49 am

would you still buy a calendar though.....?
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Captain Tightpants on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:07 am

Depends if there were one with classic tractors on to be honest. :)

Probably would mate, it depends. I'm an RS fan, not a Fiesta fan. I can appreciate a car that left the factory as a rare sought after car. I'm not into my replicas TBH, Either way I would be happy to put my charity donation your way. :)

Steve
Image
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 3723
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:12 am

so what ya saying is you want to droll all over the red frsts that might be in it,. ok i get ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

hmm classic tractors, there could be a standard FRST with standard shocks mate, with the 3 spokes too, tractor like wheels, tractor like ride hight.... you sold already i can tell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Captain Tightpants on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:16 am

:lol: :lol:

Those three spokes are drool worthy!

Steve
Image
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 3723
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:19 am

:lol: im not a lover of them i must admit but each to there own and all that :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Tweek on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:21 am

I can kinda see Steve's point (about the FRSTs, not the tractors lol). But also at the same time I think the idea was for it to be a FT calendar to get the 'community' involved kinda thing.
Image
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 9240
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: Gloucester
Your car: VW Golf GTD

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Zetec Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Captain Tightpants on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:25 am

Come on guys, are you honestly saying you wouldn't like to see a nice Nuffield in there somewhere?!

Image

:D
Image
Captain Tightpants
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 3723
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:25 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby dangerousdave on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:38 am

lol that should be the 13th page to stop an argument breaking out after all fellers its for charity and ill be buying one regardless :D
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Nottingham Drives : xr2i turbo!

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Captain Tightpants :Come on guys, are you honestly saying you wouldn't like to see a nice Nuffield in there somewhere?!

Image

:D



hmmm, it is red so its tempting :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby knuckles on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:05 pm

M1K3Y_B :Knuckles, my point was simply that, ifpeope are that arrogant that there not interested in a certain fords because its doesn't have the RS/XR/ST badge then thats hardly being passionate about fords is it?

I can totally understand not being passionate about every model made, but they are some amazing example of fords out there that don't wear one of the above badges, and because they don't have a certain badge they ain't interested.


unfortunatly mikey certain ford owners do have this arrogant attitude toward non rs ,cossie, st fords. I see it all the time at the local passionford meet in enfield.

And on the other hand there are owners on the Rsoc which will not give you the time of day unless your cars chassis number left the factory as a Rs.
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby CrAzY kAyLL on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:26 pm

pimsle :lol:

well them type of people are just sad lonely flat cap Ford spotters imo

I dont care if it's a skoda with an RS engine in it if it looks good then I like it as that's what been into cars is all about to me
Image
Cruisers dont die they just keep cruisin
CrAzY kAyLL
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Northwest

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby andymac on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 pm

CrAzY kAyLL :if it looks good then I like it as that's what been into cars is all about to me


Which is where I'm at with it. The point of this is not to massage egos but to sell a calendar and make a profit for charity; if there's a wider variety of vehicles then I suspect the calendar will be more popular than it will be by sticking to a single type, mark or model of vehicle. I'd be very happy to see a nice RS1600 or S1 on there alongside a mint, clean red FRST simply because it looks that damned good. :) I think I'm in the minority though.
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:00 am
Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby JamieFRST on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:34 pm

tractor-wheeled-fiesta-vt173396/

The tractor wheeled fiesta could be on the 13th page just so us Somerset lot buy it :wink:
Image
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy
User avatar
Posts: 23917
Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby andymac on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 pm

fudgekin lol ! :D
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:00 am
Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby CrAzY kAyLL on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 pm

andymac :I'd be very happy to see a nice RS1600 or S1 on there alongside a mint, clean red FRST simply because it looks that damned good. :) I think I'm in the minority though.


That would look old skool :aviator: which only the geeks can't understand and people who have sniffed on to much filler :lol:
Image
Cruisers dont die they just keep cruisin
CrAzY kAyLL
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Northwest

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby knuckles on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:05 am

andymac :I'd be very happy to see a nice RS1600 or S1 on there alongside a mint, clean red FRST simply because it looks that damned good. :) I think I'm in the minority though.


i would also like to see a variety cars as i already mentioned. A beatiful sierra rs cosworth, S1 escort in white, mk4 Rs turbo escort , A nice standard xr2i, maybe a Rs1800 too. . . But the minute i see a Fiesta Si... the calender goes in the bin. :aaah:
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby dontpannic on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 am

knuckles :But the minute i see a Fiesta Si... the calender goes in the bin. :aaah:


Even though I don't agree that is a classic comment :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 7246
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Orpington, Kent
Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car

Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Max M4X WW on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Don't let fiesta-si.com see that comment!
Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 18161
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:52 pm
Location: Hampshire
Your car: Merc CL500

Car: 2014 BMW M135i

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby CrAzY kAyLL on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 pm

mines is an Si :cry: but then again it dont look like one or have the Si engine so that makes me feel better :D
Image
Cruisers dont die they just keep cruisin
CrAzY kAyLL
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:00 am
Location: Northwest

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby andymac on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:17 pm

CrAzY kAyLL :mines is an Si :cry: but then again it dont look like one or have the Si engine so that makes me feel better :D


That's acceptable then, if it's a three door.

Oh crap, I'm trolling :P :lol: :D
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master
 
Posts: 11056
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 1:00 am
Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby dontpannic on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

COPIED FROM OTHER THREAD

CrAzY kAyLL :Imo I think it would make it look tackie and each months page ould look bunched up like twos company threes a crowd


I don't think so, I just mocked one up to see how it looks. Obviously its not polished yet, I only spent 10 mins on it, but you get my drift.

Image
EDIT: Pictures should be on top. Sorry, I'm useless :bonkers:
Image
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 7246
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Orpington, Kent
Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car

Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby jayrs on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:21 am

what have i started :lol:

as i said in the other post, (man this is getting complicated with 2 threads :lol:) if people can let me know there feelings towards the ideas put forward so far i would be greatfull,.

will mean looking at the other thread also though :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 31520
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:32 pm
Location: I.O.W
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby JamieFRST on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 am

I think that layout looks good and it gets more cars in the calendar :)
Image
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy
User avatar
Posts: 23917
Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Shell on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 am

You forgot to photoshop my birthday on 1st Feb! :rolleyes: :lol:

x
Shell
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:02 am
Location: Sunny Blackpool

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby Tweek on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 am

shell :You forgot to photoshop my birthday on 1st Feb! :rolleyes: :lol:

x
haha that's an idea actually, could have it printed with member's birthdays at their request :lol:
Image
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 9240
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: Gloucester
Your car: VW Golf GTD

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Zetec Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby JamieFRST on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:06 am

Tweek :
shell :You forgot to photoshop my birthday on 1st Feb! :rolleyes: :lol:

x
haha that's an idea actually, could have it printed with member's birthdays at their request :lol:



No :P

But would be good to have show dates in there :wink:
Image
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy
User avatar
Posts: 23917
Joined: Tue May 01, 2001 1:00 am

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby M1K3Y_B on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 pm

dontpannic :Image


I reckon that looks pretty good :D
Image
| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic :Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 7299
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Location: Somewhere In West Sussex, England

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic

Re: how about a 2010 FT calendar?

Postby knuckles on Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:44 pm

of course it looks good mikey . . . Its got a pic of my car on it. :D

Very good layout for a mock up idea :)
ImageImage
~nomad~ :Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
User avatar
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Hertfordshire
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

PreviousNext