[OBSOLETE] Guide To Image Uploading

Comments, suggestions and questions about the site.

[OBSOLETE] Guide To Image Uploading

Postby Ghost on Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:56 pm

Right I thought I would contribute a little something to the site, also I was getting a little pissed off at answering the same old questions

How do I upload images to my gallery?
How do I post an image from my gallery?
How do I post from an exterior source?

So here is a little guide for the newbies, and, or the total idiots of the forum!

Before anything make sure that your picture is the correct file type and size. The image must be a .jpg or .gif, with a maximum size 200kb.

If you find they are the incorrect size, you may change them using many image resizers, I personally use Microsoft’s power toy. Image Resizer

How do I upload pictures into my gallery?

First you must make sure you are using an IE (Internet Explorer) that allows access to your computers files, some Netscape-based browsers (e.g. NN, Firefox, etc) bring up an "invalid file type error" even with valid JPEGs - the only way around that is to use IE sometimes.

The first thing to do is to make sure you are logged on and are on the index page. At the top right corner of the page you will see a link, called upload image.

From here you click on browse and select the picture that you wish to upload into your gallery. Now in the caption area type a description of the image, this will appear next to it in your gallery. (i.e. Car Front)
Now click Upload Image.

You may possibly find that a statement could come up on a white page saying ‘Sorry, the file you selected is not a valid file type.’ This means that the image you are trying to load needs to have the file type changed in order for it to load. Also this could mean that the file is too big, therefore the size of the file will need to be changed [see above]

Now the image is in your gallery. From here if you wish to view your gallery click ‘view gallery’ or to edit click ‘Edit Gallery’.

If you are on the index page and wish to view your own gallery, click the Upload Image icon Image
Now click on ‘To view your gallery click here.’ This will take you to your gallery to view your images that you have uploaded.

To post an image from your gallery first you must view your gallery, from here under each picture is the image’s address. Copy this and paste this address into your post.

To post an image from an exterior source, i.e. from Tinypic.com, first take the image’s location, on some Internet Explorers you may right click and press ‘Copy Image’s Location’ or if the picture has it own page, take the address from the address bar.

Now take this address to your post, first click on the img icon on your post, then paste the address, then again click the img icon. You should end up with [img]image%20address[/img].

Let me know what you think, what is wrong, what needs to be changed and it will be done :)

Ghost
Last edited by Ghost on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JamieFRST on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:23 am

Nice one, get it made a sticky or put in the guide section....maybe even linked to the FAQ
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Tomdom on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:26 am

good work :D
ImageBreaking 2i, lots of parts available!, pm me
Tomdom
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brother Crash on Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:38 am

hopegully this should sort it
sweet as

:D
Brother Crash
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Location: South London & Drives: Kia Rio Chill & Vectra 2.2 SRI

Postby Project on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:41 am

Could you just add that some Netscape-based browsers (e.g. NN, Firefox, etc) bring up an "invalid file type error" even with valid JPEGs - the only way around that is to use IE sometimes.

Guide will be moved (probably stickied at the top of "The Site" instead of being drowned in a sea of car-based FAQs in the guides forum) once you've done that.

Ta :aviator:

/deckmunki
<< I need to put something here, yer? >>
Project
fiftyoneCL
fiftyoneCL

Postby Ghost on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:11 pm

done :)
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby TJ on Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:49 pm

V good work, so good infact that i pass it to you to build a Guide to using the search feature too!

Good man!
TJ
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby wjs1259 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:50 pm

gud work
wjs1259
Poster
Poster

Postby Ghost on Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:08 pm

TJ wrote:V good work, so good infact that i pass it to you to build a Guide to using the search feature too!

Good man!

:lol: :lol: would there be any point, all it would be is a sentence and a picture :lol: :lol:

thanks for the comments people, was getting pee'd off with all the ques :rolleyes:
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby t2rst on Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:01 pm

nice on caspa :D

dave
t2rst
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ghost on Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:14 am

:( its going to get lost :rolleyes:
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brycey on Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:06 pm

BTTT :D
Brycey
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JamieFRST on Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:35 pm

Could be added to the FAQ by a link or a sticky somewhere......still having to explain it too a lot of new users
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:14 am

:)
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Matt L on Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:57 pm

Nice guide there mate but does anyone kno whats wrong if i keep gettin de-bug msgs when i try and upload:

Could not add image information to database

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'fiestaturbo.GALLERY_TABLE' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO GALLERY_TABLE SET caption='bumpa', big_name='Matt_Lcar_12.jpg', small_name='Matt_Lcar_12.jpg', username='Matt L', date=CURDATE()

Line : 176
File : /home/fiestaturbo/htdocs/phpBB/includes/photogallery_add.php

:-?
Matt L
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AdrianFRST on Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:55 pm

Fixed. Sorry about that. Missing line from doing an update.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:49 am

wooooooooo stickied! :lol: :D
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: [Guide] To Image Uploading

Postby thesylph005 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:14 pm

you should havew posted this... much funnier

Right I thought I would contribute a little something to the site, also I was getting a little pissed off at answering the same old questions

How do I upload images to my gallery?

So here is a little guide for the newbies, and, or the total idiots of the forum!

Before anything make sure that your picture is the correct file type and size. The image must be a .jpg or .gif, with a maximum size 200kb.

If you find they are the incorrect size, you may change them using many image resizers, I personally use Microsoft’s power toy. Image Resizer

How do I upload pictures into my gallery?

First you must make sure you are using an IE (Internet Explorer) that allows access to your computers files, some Netscape-based browsers (e.g. NN, Firefox, etc) bring up an "invalid file type error" even with valid JPEGs - the only way around that is to use IE sometimes.

The first thing to do is to make sure you are logged on and are on the index page. At the top right corner of the page you will see a link, called upload image.

From here you click on browse and select the picture that you wish to upload into your gallery. Now in the caption area type a description of the image, this will appear next to it in your gallery. (i.e. Car Front)
Now click Upload Image.

You may possibly find that a statement could come up on a white page saying ‘Sorry, the file you selected is not a valid file type.’ This means that the image you are trying to load needs to have the file type changed in order for it to load. Also this could mean that the file is too big, therefore the size of the file will need to be changed [see above]

Now the image is in your gallery. From here if you wish to view your gallery click ‘view gallery’ or to edit click ‘Edit Gallery’.

If you are on the index page and wish to view your own gallery, click the Upload Image icon Image
Now click on ‘To view your gallery click here.’ This will take you to your gallery to view your images that you have uploaded.

To post an image from your gallery first you must view your gallery, from here under each picture is the image’s address. Copy this and paste this address into your post.

To post an image from an exterior source, i.e. from Tinypic.com, first take the image’s location, on some Internet Explorers you may right click and press ‘Copy Image’s Location’ or if the picture has it own page, take the address from the address bar.

Now take this address to your post, first click on the img icon on your post, then paste the address, then again click the img icon. You should end up with [img]image%20address[/img].

Let me know what you think, what is wrong, what needs to be changed and it will be done :)

Ghost
thesylph005
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:40 pm

what did you do? :-?
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby lil'G on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:25 pm

Hey i'm a noob......Read your guide and it help lots.....but

I also keep getting the De Bug error :-?

Sorry to be a pain :D
lil'G
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:11 pm

ooooh!

stickied!

ive only just realised :oops: :D :D
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Big Walker on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:06 am

If you just realised then why
Ghost wrote:wooooooooo stickied! :lol: :D

PS nice guide mate :)
Lower than a snakes bollox

Each day I break my own personal record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive :)
Big Walker
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Seat Ibiza

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:46 pm

UncleFesters69 wrote:If you just realised then why
Ghost wrote:wooooooooo stickied! :lol: :D

PS nice guide mate :)

oh yea, sh!t :lol: :lol:

must have forgot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rob pace on Tue May 30, 2006 12:26 pm

is a sticky. :D
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ghost on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:03 pm

Just thinking this is probably our of use now!!

Might aswell delete it or someone with an FT paid account can take it over!
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby rosscopsey on Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:19 pm

mine hasnt got the option at the top of the index to upload a image though?????????
FRST
rosscopsey
Poster
Poster

Re: [OBSOLETE] Guide To Image Uploading

Postby AdrianFRST on Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:03 am

These instructions are for the old board and no longer needed. Just attach the image to your post, or if you are a club.ft member use your garage.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.