whats the best value for money fan set up for my fiesta turb

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

whats the best value for money fan set up for my fiesta turb

Postby davis89 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm

as above really i aint happy with my fan its only a cheapo thing...my car runs cool but when on tick over the temp rises rather quick...i aint prepare to risk boil over so im gona put it on a switch and hide it somewhere...also while were on the convo..where have you lot bought your switches etc from to run a manual controlled fan?
davis89
Poster
Poster

Your car: fiesta rs turbo

Re: whats the best value for money fan set up for my fiesta turb

Postby jayrs on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 am

i foy uhave the right theromstat and thermo fan switch you shouldnt need to fit a manual switch.

also, the cheap slim line fans are pretty good tbh, although i would have to say the kenlows are far better
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby davis89 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:56 am

well at the mo jay its got a 88oC Thermostat and a Motorsport Developments Sierra Cosworth Fan Switch thats all i no...to be fair it soon goes up the temp gauge and doesn't seem to cool down any?
davis89
Poster
Poster

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 pm

hmm, might be a air lock somewhere.

have you changed the fan recently? if so, is it blowing the air the right way
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby davis89 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:30 am

no i aint changed anything like that but i dropped all the coolant last weekend took all the hoses off and re-mounted the rad and chiller properly then put it all back together...to be fair i aint been in a situation for it to get warm but before hand if i was in heavy peak times traffic i'd have to turn the car off to make sure it didn't boil over :/ anything you can reconnmend mate?i was thinking of checking through the wiring and then more than likely change the thermo and so on
davis89
Poster
Poster

Postby jayrs on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:22 pm

could be a air lock mate, i've never had problems getting past a air lock on any firsta before, but my RS gave up a fight when i put the engine back in, took me ages to get the air lock out, i had to pop hoses off again and drain some coolent back out (into a jug as i ran out of anti freeze) in the end i took the thermostat out and refilled, and it was fine.

not saying my stat was faulty, but i was wound up proper and it was like 3 days till fordfair and i had a MOT to be done on it so didnt want to fcuk about on it anymore :lol: :lol:

as you said its nearly over heated before, it might be worth changing the stat, in fact its worth doing just to rule it out if anything, i dont drive mine this time of year so wont harm me not having one, but you need one in there really if your using it daily, so grab another stat and bung it in and re-bleed the system and see how it goes mate
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby davis89 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:27 pm

ok i'll try that...cheers jay
davis89
Poster
Poster

Postby AR-FRST on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Mine doen't have a stat & runs super cool.
AR-FRST
Poster
Poster

Your car: Fiesta RST

Postby russ-RST on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Mine has the same problems and I use a cheap fan but its on a switch and I have no thermostat fitted at all and still does it, it is done 40mph + temps come back down but under that it just rises :( iv tried flushing through and endless bleading still doesn't seem to want to stay cool :rolleyes:
russ-RST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.