sticky - guide to do the fiesta rs turbo CVH sump gasket!

Please check here before posting to see if your question has been answered before.

sticky - guide to do the fiesta rs turbo CVH sump gasket!

Postby rob pace on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm

note- this is for any CVH engined car. :bonkers:

i will explain how to do the fiesta rs turbo cvh sump gasket that will not start pissing out oil the moment you start driving. i know a lot of people think this is a nightmare job when it starts to leak once you have put everything back together :x :x :x .

tools required-

18mm socket
17mm socket
13mm socket
10mm socket
8mm socket
13mm spanner
18x 10mm nuts
ratchet
jack
superglue and brush
high temperature silicone 900 degrees stuff :)

jack the car up from the side to remove the exhaust system (middle section + backbox if you wish to :) ) then jack the car up from the front and remove all of the nessasary parts so you can get to the sump - starter motor, flywheel cover, alternator and downpipe. now empty the oil from the sump and then unscrew the 18 bolts holding the sump on and remove. now give the underside of the block a good clean with degreaser and cloth to remove all the muck there. remove the old gasket and clean the sump so its spotless :D . now follow my pictures below - :D

now place the gasket onto the sump and use the 18x bolts you took the sump off with and your 18mm nuts to hold the gasket in its place :)

with your superglue and brush apply small amounts of glue to the sump edge and stick the gasket on carefully. pay more attention to the side of the sump where the half moons are and make sure its stuck down fully, but do not go stupid with the glue ok? :lol: :)

now you can see how good the gasket fits in place.

with your high temp silicone apply a small amount where the half moons are just to be sure, you may not need to do this though :aviator:

now the above is all done and dusted, remove the nuts and go to trial fit your sump, only do the nuts up hand tight, the correct torque setting for these is 8nm. now remove the nuts again and take the sump off and inspect the gasket to see if any of it has slipped off. if its all ok, go and refit your sump then all the relevent parts you took off to get to the sump. once its all back together fire your car up and leave on idle for a while, then take her for a very very short drive and check the gasket to see if its all ok :D

this way worked extremely well for me, some of you may not agree with using superglue, but i only used very small amounts to hold the gasket in place. it may not be the pefect guide but it helps, please tell me if i have missed anything out :D
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: sticky - guide to do the fiesta rs turbo CVH sump gasket!

Postby jayrs on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats cheating with the silicon mate :lol:

still if she works she works :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby MotorcyclesFish on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Of course, you'll never get the sodding thing *off* again...

...good guide though, we like picture posts. :D
MotorcyclesFish
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: 2004 Z4 3.0i SE

Car: 1984 Ford Capri

Postby rob pace on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:58 pm

MotorcyclesFish wrote:Of course, you'll never get the sodding thing *off* again...

...good guide though, we like picture posts. :D

should be able to, i used minimal amounts of glue. :D
rob pace
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dannyxr2i on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:15 pm

top guide.got mine changed 2day.. easy to follow..
dannyxr2i
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.