nocked off my bike today

Jokes, random babbling and personal crisis counseling.

nocked off my bike today

Postby jakerowles on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:39 pm

:x some stupid b*tch pulled into my lane earlier today without indicating and braked , i tried to swerve but hit the corner of her car . bike locked up and slid threw me off and i smashed head first into the car . bike is f*cked :cry: , badly bent bars , snapped mudguard , snapped headlight brackets wrecked plastics ... and guess what allthou she said it was her fault now she is saying it isnt :x , so will ring council tomorrow and ask for cctv evidence . cant believe it new bike and its going to be written off and the stupid b*tch it trying to blame me . i got legal assistance so they will provide me with a bike untill its sorted out , which will be a long time unless i can get access to the cctv footage , so pissed off , feel like going round and smashing f**k out of her car , she knew it was her fault kept oppolagising , but is soon as i drove off im gessing her husband told her to not take the blaim . hope i can get access to cctv to prove the Bic™ wrong . if i cant i will have to repair the bike myself and pay her out ....... luckily only cut my knee , altho i nearly passed out , had too sit down
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: pulse adrenaline 125 / klx650

Re: nocked off my bike today

Postby jayrs on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:25 pm

sorry to hear this mate.

i hope you can get the cctv footage, but tbh, i dont think you will.

im a strong beliver that bike riders should have insurance, just like you need on a car, as it would protect both the rider and driver when something like this happens, as it wouldnt be as easy for her to fcuk you off as she has, and say its your fault.

whats this legal assistance you have? cos i was going to say, you could speak to your home insurance company legal department about it (if you have any) as this should cover you while riding a bike on the road, but im not sure if thats std, or if you have to ask for it, but you should have some form of public liability on it, so its well worth a call to your home insuance compnay to see where you stand with that, cos if your covered, and there willing to fight the case, they would have more chance of getting any cctv than you i would of though
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby bas saph on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Its a Bic™ I havent riden since being knocked of last September. Same thing accepted liability then denied liabilty but I won in the end even though the witness backed her but the witness statement was easy to proove as s**t. Her statement she claimed that I just dropped the bike :rolleyes: Photos are wonderful. I could show damage to her car which funny enough had vanashed within days. Ive been paid for bike but not expenses yet :(
Only the police can request CCTV I wanted the cctv for mine. but the police where not interested. The insurance company can request police to collect CCTV though. If your using BLD. I found they where crap. Newlaw Solicitors have been excellant though. There is loads of no win no cost companies out there and they are well worth using. Least your alive though.
Last edited by bas saph on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bas saph
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jakerowles on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 pm

sorry didnt mention i was on a motorbike :lol: anyways ive spoke to my insurance and hes been talking to a woman in the cctv controll room . she looked and couldnt find anything . so i asked for them to look between 2.00 and 3.30 and gues what :-? shows her cutting me up and slowing down , causing me to crash :D YES !! :P so im having a rental bike to use at her expense and a new helmet as once a helmet gets hit your not suppose to use it and my head twatted off her car ... so looks like i will be getting paid out for a new bike as mine will probarbly be written off . might buy it back tho yet , will go and change the sprockets , exhaust , and yellow hoses on it now . now im thinking i should have got an injury claim as my leg hurts but this is what makes insurance so expensive aint it so thaught id just get the bike sorted and leave it at that . glad i got ctv tho , if i didnt have it it would deffinately been blamed on me so im happy about that
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:24 pm

ah right, well yeah a motor bike is different.

glad to hear there is CCTV footage you can use that there willing to give out (if the insurance asks)
also, the mods your taking off, if any of them can be seen on the CCTV, it might be a good idea to leave it alone, cos if they pick up on it, you could be fcuked over.

as for injury, you got 3 years from a accident to claim, so you got plenty of time, but if your thinking of claiing for it, get ya arse to the docs and get it checked and some pain killers, even if its nothing major, its been noted on your medical records, and for a injury claim, they will need to see them, so dont delay, get down there and have it checked over asap.
and so what if claims is what makes insurance go up, your not faking a claim, you have been hurt as a result of a accident that wasn't your fault, and have footage to prove it, so get intouch with your insurance company after you have been to the docs and speak to them about persuing a personal injury claim
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jakerowles on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:14 pm

just been down to swap my exhast over and i reckon its going to be written off . needs 2 side panels £100, front mudguard £40, headlight and surround £70 , handlebars £60, throttle tube and switchgear £30 , forks £400 if it needs both , some prices are a guess but because no one breaks them you have to buy from pulse motorcycles so they can charge daft prices , pluss postage , labour , if they write it off ill buy it back and replace everything with better stuff , just wont be worth nothing if its been writen off :cry: my hire bike will be here tomorrow hopefuly , itl probarbly be a little cg125 :rolleyes: at the womans insurance companys expense , and a new helmet , just got to wait for the cctv people to get back to my insurance as they dont want to fill out forms they want it as soon as possible ...
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

sounds like there on the ball mate to get it sorted out quickly which is good.

be a shame if its written off, but its only a lump of metal at the end of the day mate, you didnt get hurt (badly) and thats whats important
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby andymac on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Glad you're okay pal, while I've little sympathy for riders who undertake vehicles or try nipping up the nearside when you're turning left (seem to do that a lot round here), but equally pulling in and anchoring up in front of someone is straight out dumbfuck behaviour (like turning right at roundabouts without indicating). Had one or two people do exactly that to me in the past and it's been near things each time.

Oddly my old man (former driving instructor) thinks it's okay to change lanes without indicating when you're going to the nearside - he considers it an overtaking manoeuvre whereas I consider it merging. Maybe it's an old people thing. Of course, this is my old fella we're talking about, so I'm wrong... :lol:

I'd leave the bike alone tbh - insurance may raise questions regarding it if it's visibly different in the cctv footage. :(
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby jakerowles on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 am

andymac wrote:Glad you're okay pal, while I've little sympathy for riders who undertake vehicles or try nipping up the nearside when you're turning left (seem to do that a lot round here), but equally pulling in and anchoring up in front of someone is straight out dumbfuck behaviour (like turning right at roundabouts without indicating). Had one or two people do exactly that to me in the past and it's been near things each time.

Oddly my old man (former driving instructor) thinks it's okay to change lanes without indicating when you're going to the nearside - he considers it an overtaking manoeuvre whereas I consider it merging. Maybe it's an old people thing. Of course, this is my old fella we're talking about, so I'm wrong... :lol:

I'd leave the bike alone tbh - insurance may raise questions regarding it if it's visibly different in the cctv footage. :(

i feel the same i stay in the inside lane so i dont get dick heads close behind me trying to make me go fast , its unbeliveable how many people dont know you can use the bus lane at certain times , usually if i can i just stay in the bus lane and travel at my own pace . dont get me started on roundabouts , nobody round here seems to know what to do when they get to one :lol: indicating is optional to some people :rolleyes: your dad will allways be right when it comes to driving :lol: mines exactly the same :bonkers:
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jakerowles on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 pm

rental bikes here , and its a ......... ybr125 :rolleyes: feels like its shrunk in the wash , has some power tho , especially at 11000 rpm :lol: well its a rental ... clutch slips like a Bic™ , can tell its had 9000 miles of abuse :lol:
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jayrs on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 pm

rentals/hire, fastest things your ever drive :lol: :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby andymac on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:56 am

jayrs wrote:rentals/hire, fastest things your ever drive :lol: :lol:

Trufax :lol:
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby Michael! on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 am

s**t jake! what a cheeky Bic™!

glad youre okay and its getting sorted though, as jay said though, get to the doctors and bleed that Bic™ dry of her no claims!
Looking for other members? Add yourself to the ft.com members map!
ft-com-members-map-vt190192/
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: RS1800 Sleeper Project + 6N2

Postby jakerowles on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am

Michael! wrote:s**t jake! what a cheeky Bic™!

glad youre okay and its getting sorted though, as jay said though, get to the doctors and bleed that Bic™ dry of her no claims!

haha thanks , ive been having phisio for a while now , had around 4 sessions and been told i need more for my back (not that i like being manhandled by a strong woman) :lol: , also had a rental bike out of it , and got cctv evidence so now shes accepted shes in the wrong , and offered me an amount without going through court and stuff to which i said , f**k off :lol: .
at first i didnt want to claim anything , but like people have said , if i was going abit faster or whatever she would of gone straight into the side of me and ran me over , so all my sympathy is gone for her now . all this because i couldnt get car insurance :rolleyes:
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Postby jonyb4 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:24 pm

:rolleyes: piss's me off!
1800 Zetec 133bhp 140lbs/ft
mk2 pop 1.4i
jonyb4
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Si 1.8, mk2 950, 2.0 capri

Car: 1995 Ford Fiesta Si 16v

Postby craig123 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:10 pm

rental bikes are the best fun u can have atleast ur ok bet the bike came with no fuel rember this happend to me said to the guy theres no fuel he was like theres enough to get to petrol station so told him to wait and took my tank off mine and emptied into the bike give them a bike with no fuel
craig123
Poster
Poster

Your car: mk3 1.1 classic

Postby stevo™ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:12 pm

alot of bikers where cams now so if anyting like this happens they've got it on film
stevo™
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jonyb4 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:08 pm

haha brilliant
1800 Zetec 133bhp 140lbs/ft
mk2 pop 1.4i
jonyb4
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Si 1.8, mk2 950, 2.0 capri

Car: 1995 Ford Fiesta Si 16v

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.