Nick's ST

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: Nick's ST

Postby dontpannic on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Good news guys

Nothings changed!

Took it to the 'ring though with the other South East maniacs.

dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car

Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST

Postby Smo on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Like the one outside the info centre ;)

And we missed an opportunity in that last one... Should have gone five up!
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Postby hb69 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:49 pm

I miss that trip :(
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby niracka on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Looking good there Nick!!

Hope to be going to the ring next year as my dad now lives about halfway between there and Hockenhiem :D

Olly
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: E46 M3

Postby dontpannic on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Definitely recommend it. I've been itching to go back ever since I came back :lol:
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:08 pm

How hard was it to get to grips with he circuit? I take it you had an idea of were it went from playing sims first?

Olly
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby bakewell001 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:04 pm

niracka wrote:How hard was it to get to grips with he circuit? I take it you had an idea of were it went from playing sims first?

Olly

As long as you don't treat it like a racetrack (to a certain extent) and get out the way of maniacs coming up from behind you, it's fine. The last thing you want to do is be involved in an accident whilst on a lap.

Don't think that trying to "learn" it on Gran Turismo or the likes will help you in real life though!
bakewell001
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby niracka on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:31 pm

No obviously but it gives you an idea of whats coming up next lol.

I'll be taking it easy when I go for the first time don't worry!!
niracka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dontpannic on Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:21 pm

No idea why I'm posting this, maybe it's the nostalgia hit. Having logged on here for the first time in god knows how long and seeing how much I've done to the Fiesta in the last 6 years makes me tempted for some reason to update the thread!

Looking back at my old posts - God I was an idiot!

Here's how the Fiesta sits now:

It went through a phase of being prepared for track - so stripped interior, bucket seat, harness, sunstrip, fire extinguisher mounted by the passenger seat - I then had a change of heart and put it back to more 'OEM' spec, so standard interior back in, lighting returned to standard (no LED's)... and with the wonders of modern technology, I've added a Sony XAV-AX3005DB stereo with CarPlay. Ran a lightning cable down to underneath the handbrake so I can hook the phone up nice and quickly and get nav/music without ugly cabling all over the place.

Performance mods wise, not a huge amount has changed, but it's seen some upgrades.
- Milltek flexi pipe
- Toyosports Sport Cat (will maybe go back to decat, as with this sports cat the EML is still illuminated)

- rear axle spacers removed as they were corroding and crumbling
- fully polybushed with the exception of the ARB, as I have to drop the subframe to access it, and to be honest I can't really be bothered at the moment!
- Michelin PilotSport 4s all round
- ST170 300mm brake upgrade
- Ferodo DS2500 pads
- polyurethane inserts for the engine and gearbox mounts

It also now has a GPS tracker installed.

Oh - and the biggest change you'll notice - the stripes. Mixed thinking behind this one but absolutely the correct decision in my eyes - originally the thinking was "it's a track car, used primarily on trackdays, let's make it stand out on track", but then, the bonnet was becoming stone chipped, and the thinking behind the 'retro' feel of the stripes combined with the fact that they're rarely spotted with stripes now meant I took the plunge and got them done.

They're not completely OEM - the measurements are the same but with a few subtle differences - firstly the red 'ST' logos on the side stripes, rather than white/body colour, secondly, they cover more of the car - the OTT design on the OEM stripes stops just above the front and rear numberplates - these go right to the bottom of the body coloured sections of the car, and thirdly is a very subtle difference in thickness - the stripes are 25mm wider across the board with a 20mm gap inbetween, and on the bonnet, where the OEM stripes get thinner towards the back of the bonnet, these remain the same width all the way over.

Obviously it's been a few years now since I last posted an update and given the lack of use on the forum, that's probably why! I just thought I'd post an update seeing as in 3 months time I will have owned this car for a DECADE - and no, it's still not going anywhere - it's a forever car.
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby elPaulio on Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:28 am

Looks lovely and clean mate!

Paul
Fiesta Si 2.0 16v
Mods: K&N 57i, 2.0 Silvertop, Samcos, GAZ Coilovers, Quaife Straight cut box, Wilwood 4-pots, stripped out track female provider of 'horizontal refreshment'
Planned: GSX-R 1000 ITB's, ST170 4-2-1 Manifold, Megasquirt 2 ECU, OBP Pedal box :)
elPaulio
Poster
Poster

Your car: Mk3 Fiesta 2.0 Zetec Si

Postby Chris 2i on Tue May 25, 2021 10:55 am

Nice Nick, glad to see you still have this. I miss the old Combe shows!
Chris 2i
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dontpannic on Thu May 27, 2021 4:19 pm

Chris 2i wrote:Nice Nick, glad to see you still have this. I miss the old Combe shows!

Cheers mate. Yeah, same, they were always a bit of a laugh.

I'm tempted to go again but I get the feeling my days of parking in a field amongst a sea of lowered VAG cars with big wheels and stickers is behind me!
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Previous

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.