New Feature Cars

Comments, suggestions and questions about the site.

New Feature Cars

Postby mrorange2 on Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 pm

Been on here for a while now and the feature cars on the main site havent changed dont you think its time to update with some of the good ones on this site now? Maybe we could get a poll going to vote whos cars go on there or something??
2014 Fiesta ST3 & Mk6 Fez ST
mrorange2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: 2014 Fiesta ST3, Mk6 Fez ST

Postby Miss Fiesta Turbo on Thu May 10, 2007 8:45 am

sounds like a good idea
Miss Fiesta Turbo
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Grey FRST

Postby Ghost on Thu May 10, 2007 9:47 pm

its all well and good but features take a long time to write-up and set up and is generally done by the admin......
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Fri May 11, 2007 12:43 am

I think it'd be more useful to have the whole forum working again in the first place, time would be far better spent to that end before getting some up-to-date stuff in the features section, as nice as that would be.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby mrorange2 on Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 pm

I understand what your saying but theres no reason why someone can take on makeing some new feature sections and the an admin uploading then to the site. I'd be more than happy to help to sort the features out then hand over to the admins i just think when people visit the site it would be nice for them to see some up to date cars instead of onces from 2002
mrorange2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby paniK on Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

I also think it would be a good thing if the forum and site got updated to cover the newer fiestas, primarily the mk4 zetec and mk5 zetec and zetec S and also the New fiesta ST.

I know the old school crew rules without question but I do like the mk5 zetec S very much. nice little package :P
Dreaming of my first FRST....
paniK
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ghost on Fri May 11, 2007 11:47 pm

paniK wrote:I also think it would be a good thing if the forum and site got updated to cover the newer fiestas, primarily the mk4 zetec and mk5 zetec and zetec S and also the New fiesta ST.

I know the old school crew rules without question but I do like the mk5 zetec S very much. nice little package :P

but this is a site for the mk3 fiesta turbo?
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JamieFRST on Sat May 12, 2007 1:24 am

Ghost wrote:
paniK wrote:I also think it would be a good thing if the forum and site got updated to cover the newer fiestas, primarily the mk4 zetec and mk5 zetec and zetec S and also the New fiesta ST.

Its the ultimate online fiesta modification resource ...

:P
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby paniK on Sat May 12, 2007 11:20 am

well I thought because it had The RST as well as the XR2i 8v 16v and the Si, why not have the zetecs as well?

I don't mean as feature cars, I mean integrated into the site as well
paniK
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ghost on Sat May 12, 2007 2:52 pm

MixonFRST wrote:
Ghost wrote:

bah, it was created in the mind of the mk3.....if i wanted to look at other fiesta's I'd go to UKFN :P
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Sun May 13, 2007 12:48 am

Ghost wrote:
MixonFRST wrote:
Ghost wrote:

bah, it was created in the mind of the mk3.....if i wanted to look at other fiesta's I'd go to UKFN :P

Actually the sites creation was mainly because of my mk3 Rs :wink:
ImageImage
~nomad~ wrote:Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby mrorange2 on Sun May 13, 2007 8:53 pm

I wasnt surgesting to put mk4,5 and 6's one the feature cars i meant the new mk3's on the site saw plenty at FITP today which would be a great advertisement for the site. Things like ZT's 1.9T and other mk3's and 3.5's
mrorange2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby paniK on Mon May 14, 2007 11:39 am

I agree with mrorange2, those have been there for ages and would be nice to see some ZTs there and some 2.0Si's.

When I said to introduce some of the later model zetec's and ST's. I was thinking along the lines of the tuning guides and styling. How to tune the later zetecs (mk4 and mk5). And feature some of the newer fiestas like the Zetec S and the ST150 on the site.

The XR2i's and the Si's are on the site for tuning and styling, think the zetecs should be on here too :-?

:D
paniK
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Ghost on Mon May 14, 2007 12:40 pm

paniK wrote:I agree with mrorange2, those have been there for ages and would be nice to see some ZTs there and some 2.0Si's.

When I said to introduce some of the later model zetec's and ST's. I was thinking along the lines of the tuning guides and styling. How to tune the later zetecs (mk4 and mk5). And feature some of the newer fiestas like the Zetec S and the ST150 on the site.

The XR2i's and the Si's are on the site for tuning and styling, think the zetecs should be on here too :-?

:D

I think your missing the point, the 2i and si are still mk3's

there are enough sites out there that covers more of the mk4/5/6's.

I can understand wanting more 'newer' feature cars, due to the huge advances in styling and engines. But I still stand by my statement that it takes a very long time to get them set up.

mrorange by all means if you feel you are capable to set them up, contact Ade and mods and sort it out. People will more then happy to help. But then it rests on your shoulders to who you will pick.
Ghost
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Faith on Mon May 14, 2007 4:38 pm

Go away, we dont like change on here :P :lol: :P
Faith
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby paniK on Mon May 14, 2007 6:32 pm

fair enough if you want to keep it dedicated to the mk3 and 3.5 :)
paniK
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Jur on Tue May 15, 2007 10:25 am

To bad that no new features have been published..

But i guess AdrianFRST had some good reasons for it..

I saw some very nice possible feature cars myself... and not even in the UK :-p
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby mrorange2 on Tue May 15, 2007 10:47 am

Faith wrote:Go away, we dont like change on here :P :lol: :P

LOL maybe i should have kept my mouth shut as said i'd be more than happy to help out if Ade reads this and thinks its a good idea feel free to pm me!
mrorange2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ~Vix~ on Wed May 16, 2007 11:15 am

tbh ukfn is going majorly downhill, so focusing on other fiestas could be a good idea...
~Vix~
FT's Best Selling Tart
FT's Best Selling Tart
Your car: Toyota Rav4 & Focus 2l ESP

Postby Jur on Wed May 16, 2007 11:27 am

~Vix~ wrote:tbh ukfn is going majorly downhill, so focusing on other fiestas could be a good idea...

Don't know the cause myself.. but ever thought of why UKFN is going downhill ??

I guess focussing on the MK3 and mk3,5 fiesta's (XR/RS/Si) isn't that bad... keeping space for the other models of course, but with the main focus on these the mk3 and mk3,5 model ..
*If you start to see in Black and White, you know you're pulling enough G's*
Jur
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Andie on Thu May 17, 2007 7:57 am

Jur wrote:
~Vix~ wrote:tbh ukfn is going majorly downhill, so focusing on other fiestas could be a good idea...

Don't know the cause myself.. but ever thought of why UKFN is going downhill ??

From my experiance on UKFN it is the amount of time the Admin/Owners are away from the site. It is also the sending out of stickers and membership packs etc. I waited so long for the stickers, (months) I couldn't be bothered to put them on!

The other thing with most Fiesta based clubs is that they are ideal cars for the young driver, but after a while they want to move onto something bigger and faster, hence a high turnover of members. Most of the original UKFN posters have moved on and perhaps the next batch are not as good.

Did anyone read into days Metro, Ford are thinking of dropping the Fiesta name. :o
FCGB Moderator & Accountant.
Andie
Post Master
Post Master

Postby heeman10 on Fri May 18, 2007 2:52 am

FT is going downhill too now as we both know, we can't afford to let this place slip away like all the others. To quote Mary J. Blige, it's been "too strong for too long"!!

As Tim (mrorange2) said, there were a lot of cars on our stand at FITP this year that would make great feature cars, and by no means Mk3 Fiestas alone. Change is all good, and since this is still pretty much the best and biggest Fiesta forum around, moving with the times is pretty much a necessity. The variety on show at FITP was a total knockout - pretty darn phenomenal given that our Mk3s are now general 15 years and older. That's special :)
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby JamieFRST on Fri May 18, 2007 1:54 pm

Would be nice to see a Fitp '07 show report as well, did Ade attend? Ive no idea as I didnt make it this year :(
Im sure someone could edit all the photo's to make them the same size and watermark them if necessary. I think the forums are hanging in there, we have lost some good members over the years and now and again they pop back, new people are still arriving each day, I think the MK3 is as popular as ever - being 15 years old makes it more affordable for anyone to pick an RS\XR etc

The forums performace issues don't help either :(
JamieFRST
Keep It Tidy
Keep It Tidy

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby heeman10 on Fri May 18, 2007 5:07 pm

Ade wasn't there dude. It'd be easy for us to take "show report" type photo's if we knew they could be used in a report, and a few of us would be more than happy to write the report itself...again, if we knew we'd be able to upload it as a report.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.