Modification Products (FAO Adrian)

Problem with your garage? Got a suggestion for a feature?

Modification Products (FAO Adrian)

Postby Smo on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:12 am

Right...

I added new products in the Transmission and Suspension categories, and because they were in those specific categories, I omitted 'gearbox' and 'suspension' off both of the product names. Now, when you see the modifications listed in the main garage menu, it looks a bit odd because it lists "OE Fiesta RS Turbo" and "Ford BC - 5 Speed non-LSD (Standard)" :lol:

I take it there's no way I can edit these now, even though I'm the creator? I assume because someone else can select these products and it would then be kind of irritating for them if their modification suddenly changed :lol: So could these be altered for me (and obviously anyone else who wishes to select them) to have "Gearbox" (or may be "Transmission") and "Suspension" (or may be "Shock Absorbers and Springs" - I don't know which would be better really?) added to the ends of these products, pleeeeeease? :D

I decided to post this instead of just PM'ing Adrian so that others could may be see what caught me out before doing it themselves :oops: :lol:

Cheers :D

Edit: I know I could delete the modifications and then add new ones, but this would then leave the products still and make it rather untidy, or so I assume? :)
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta Popular Plus

Re: Modification Products (FAO Adrian)

Postby AdrianFRST on Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:57 am

I've edited these. It's all based on IDs, so if someone adds "Recaros" and it changes to "OEM Recaros" anyone who added it when it was "Recaros" will be automatically updated to the new name.

Anyone can add products but only the admin can edit them.
AdrianFRST
Baby Battle Scratch
Baby Battle Scratch

Your car: ..? Pretty car..!

Car: 2010 Ford Focus RS

Postby Smo on Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought would happen! (I've a fairly good understanding of database design :D )

Cheers for that :)

One other thing... Should there be an "Exhaust" category, or is that something that really comes under Engine?
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Smo on Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:22 pm

Just went to edit a modification too, and when I clicked "Modify Modification", I got this:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value adjusted for column 'installer_id' at row 1 [1264]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: forums.admin@fiestaturbo.com

The things I adjusted were the Product Rating (previously left blank) and the Purchase Rating (also previously left blank).
Smo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.