Mk1 Octavia VRS

Selling your Fiesta? Advertise it here.

Mk1 Octavia VRS

Postby Project_XR2i_Trackcar on Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:58 pm

This is the wife's car.

I'll edit this post with a full and detailed advert tonight but, basically, we're looking to replace it with something smaller.

In brief:

1.8T hatchback.
Re-mapped.
133k miles
10 months MOT remaining.

Everything under the bonnet etc is VAG stamped. It's basically a Golf GTi in an Octavia chassis. Cheaper to insure too.

Loads of history, will list later.

Oh, it's yellow.

Pics to follow.

I'm looking for £1200 ono.

I don't come on here as often as I used to. If I don't respond to any PMs within 24 hrs, fire an e-mail at cmdmotorsport@gmail.com.

Renault Sport Megane 250 Cup
Ford Fiesta XR2i 2.0 trackcar
Project_XR2i_Trackcar
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Xr2i

Re: Mk1 Octavia VRS

Postby Project_XR2i_Trackcar on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:53 pm

So, full advert.......

Mk1 Skoda Ocatvia VRS Remapped Circa 215 Bhp.

Details:

2003 on a 03 Plate. It's on a private plate at the moment which will be transferred when sold. The original reg is HX03KZW.

All usual VRS features includes 17" alloys, Elec windows all round, PAS, ABS, Stability etc CD changer in the boot and a Boost gauge fitted.

Mot due end of April 16 with the mileage currently at approx 133k (I will confirm at the weekend). Last MOT only had one advisory, front tyres near legal limit. Everything else picked up was fixed (new track rod end and ball joint).

I have loads of history for this car with loads of receipts. For example:

Cambelt and Water pump changed Mar 13

Coil pack recall carried out Dec 14 by sandicliffe skoda in leicester. There's a spare none OEM coil pack in the boot. The starter motor was replaced last month. New steering rack & track ends fitted this month, inc tracking etc.

I have a large collection of other receipts which include some other big bills ranging from services, tyres, suspension parts, flywheel and a brand new gearbox in 2010 plus a new clutch which was fitted in 2012.

I serviced it a few months back changing the oil, filter etc and new plugs too.

The missus had the rear windows tinted last year (all legal) and it also comes with a genuine skoda dog guard.

Negatives that I'm aware of:

It's yellow.

There's only one key.

There is a feint front wheel bearing drone which has been present since we purchased it but has never been picked up on either of the last two MOTs. No movement from what I can see. Drop links changed last year.

The interior is in a good condition and I've cleaned it pretty thoroughly with G101. For a white carpet that's 12 yrs old it's in pretty decent nick. For reference, the mk4 golf carpet is identical and be bought 2nd hand for about 40 quid.

I accidently broke the glove box catch/lever the other day. If I can source a replacement I will but it still works ok. I could probably bodge it with glue otherwise.

Exterior is all good, the paint is only slightly faded in places but nothing serious. The front bumper has had a slight knock at some point but it's only cosmetic. It has the std stone chips to the front and the odd small dent and mark as you would expect from a 12 year old car that's not been wrapped in cotton wool.

All the brakes still look like new with hardly any wear and you would assume they were all recently changed. Tyres are are all hankook Ventura evo, the front two are still legal but could do with replacing soon.

It sounds a little rough on start up which could be the secondary air inlet valve. I've done a DIY fix on it already so if may need replacing or removing. Shouldn't cost too much. Otherwise it runs fine.

It drives really well, goes like stink but it has never been abused (this is the wife's car remember). I'm reliably informed that's it's also a track virgin.

As above, the price is £1200 ONO but I'd take £1k for a quick sale.

I'll be giving it a wash, valet and polish on Saturday before I take some decent photos.

Renault Sport Megane 250 Cup
Ford Fiesta XR2i 2.0 trackcar
Project_XR2i_Trackcar
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Xr2i

Re: Mk1 Octavia VRS

Postby nearly17 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:35 pm

Any pictures?

Cheers

Aaron
nearly17
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.