Lost the love/Rant/Moan

Jokes, random babbling and personal crisis counseling.

Re: Lost the love/Rant/Moan

Postby Fraggle on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Well its a new chapter as of today....

My beloved MK2 Sport's now sold :cry: :cry:

Im gutted, genuinely so, she been a love of mine for a long time.., But its the best thing for her.
The new owner has promised she WILL BE SAVED and not broke up, and im sure he will reveal his identity/intention's for her on here or XR2.com at some point very soon :) :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooo Now its the FRST's time of reckoning.....................................To sell or not to sell :-?

We need a FT.com poll option :lol: :rolleyes:
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: FRST IN BADBOY WHITE

Postby Michael! on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 pm

I know the mk2's in good hands :wink:

Don't sell the frst.
Looking for other members? Add yourself to the ft.com members map!
ft-com-members-map-vt190192/
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: RS1800 Sleeper Project + 6N2

Postby andymac on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:08 pm

hb69 wrote:Ive been back and forth between Fords and most other brands over the years, still like them dispite the rust and cost of parts. The shows are still great, and so are the people that go to them.

Yeah, I've noted with interest how the value of low low mileage post-facelift focus st's are plummeting and how mk1 frs's are plateauing - the rover still holds its own in many areas but it can't compare with a more modern chassis setup and I do miss the boot space.
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby jayrs on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Fraggle wrote:Well its a new chapter as of today....

My beloved MK2 Sport's now sold :cry: :cry:

Im gutted, genuinely so, she been a love of mine for a long time.., But its the best thing for her.
The new owner has promised she WILL BE SAVED and not broke up, and im sure he will reveal his identity/intention's for her on here or XR2.com at some point very soon :) :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooo Now its the FRST's time of reckoning.....................................To sell or not to sell :-?

We need a FT.com poll option :lol: :rolleyes:

damn man you really want rid of the blue oval dont ya.

keep the RS, you know you want to :wink:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Dave5300 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 pm

+1, dont get rid of the rs :)
ImageImage
Dave5300
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Black FRST, Red mk5 zetec s

Postby hb69 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:35 pm

Break it
hb69
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta 1.1 LX

Postby Dave5300 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm

hb69 wrote:Break it

sacreligeous!! :o keep it!! :D
ImageImage
Dave5300
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Fraggle on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 pm

[quote="jayrs

damn man you really want rid of the blue oval dont ya.

keep the RS, you know you want to :wink:[/quote]

Mate the RS will be next, sick of it tbh..(but still love it to bits..wierd huh)..she gets used hardly ever, and i got work to do on it too, all being held up by lack of parts available locally. :(

Had enough of ford mate, just aint got the time for the hassle of it all.

Time for pasture's new :cry: :)
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 am

well variety is the spice of life :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby oVerboost. on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:48 am

Vag is one of the worst for exactly what you've mentioned in the OP. The Ford scene is fine, just need to stay away from the click forums and sites I guess...
oVerboost.
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Fraggle on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:21 pm

oVerboost. wrote:Vag is one of the worst for exactly what you've mentioned in the OP. The Ford scene is fine, just need to stay away from the click forums and sites I guess...

Tbh mate VAG aint where my heart lies....tbh none of the other marque's really float my boat as much as the blue does, just need a change is all, still debating where to go, VAG was in idea as aint been there before( :lol: )..........Im still mulling it over :rolleyes: :-?
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fraggle on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Well today's been an emotional one at the rock, the fraggle has finally lost one of his rocks..(on top of the marble's that left me just after birth :rolleyes: )..

Jamie came today in his badboy Ghia, and took my Sport for good. Gotta say like the big pussy i am ive shed a few, been with me for a good while, and so gut wrenching watching her leave..want another now :rolleyes: :lol:

So genuinely sad right now, i feel ive lost one of me family, but he has said i can go visit anytime(tomorrow if i get my way :lol: ) so its not all bad i suppose, and deffo better for sportie spice in the long run :) :)

So gents all thats left is the turb, and by the end of Tomorrow the decision will be made in stone....
Do she stay or do she go now??...(cue the the song :rolleyes: :lol: ).

So All vote's by you fella's as to keep or quit need to be in by sunday 12pm and wont be charged, so digg deep and no double votes(mike :lol: ) i really need all the support i can get on this please :-?

As always' cheers FT.com-ers will miss this place if i go :cry: :)
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Michael! on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Keep.
Keep.

Not a double vote, sat with someone who's on my side with this ;)
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Dave5300 on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 pm

keep!!
ImageImage
Dave5300
Post Master
Post Master

Postby Fraggle on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Not long now....................................................

Nedd 300 vote's in favour of yes to keep :lol:
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ford-stu on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:35 am

Only just stumbled on this thread.

After chatting to you over pm's lately you seem a decent bloke that is just a little lost as to what to do. So I thought I would give you my thoughts on it all.

First off I fully understand the clickey sites that can drive you mad I've experienced this myself with the rsoc who on a hole really are quite stuck up because they own a cossie or something ridiculously rare that has a value above 20k.
So what I've done is simply keep them at arms length but I'm still a member as there some nice people on there too.

As for you getting rid of the Frst don't be so silly trust me on this you WILL regret it as soon as you do it and I know this because your in two minds as to what you should do with her.

If you can afford it go get yourself an everyday run around that won't intice you to modify it and give the rs a break for as long as it needs don't even look at it.

Then one day you will be having a good day and youll think to yourself I fancy going and checking out the old girl And you will fall in love with her all over again with a fresh passion to getting her looking her best.

Just don't break her up mate.

Not knowing the ins and outs of your fiesta I'm just wondering if she is road worthy and when the last time was that you drove her?
Ford-stu
Poster
Poster

Your car: Frst/rs2000

Postby Michael! on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 am

^
check out the members gallery buddy, think its "project 7 shades" he had no reason to get rid shes a minter :lol:
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fraggle on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 pm

Ford-stu wrote:Only just stumbled on this thread.

After chatting to you over pm's lately you seem a decent bloke that is just a little lost as to what to do. So I thought I would give you my thoughts on it all.

First off I fully understand the clickey sites that can drive you mad I've experienced this myself with the rsoc who on a hole really are quite stuck up because they own a cossie or something ridiculously rare that has a value above 20k.
So what I've done is simply keep them at arms length but I'm still a member as there some nice people on there too.

As for you getting rid of the Frst don't be so silly trust me on this you WILL regret it as soon as you do it and I know this because your in two minds as to what you should do with her.

If you can afford it go get yourself an everyday run around that won't intice you to modify it and give the rs a break for as long as it needs don't even look at it.

Then one day you will be having a good day and youll think to yourself I fancy going and checking out the old girl And you will fall in love with her all over again with a fresh passion to getting her looking her best.

Just don't break her up mate.

Not knowing the ins and outs of your fiesta I'm just wondering if she is road worthy and when the last time was that you drove her?

Cheers fella.

She been standing a good 3yrs nearly, had a few runs out but just got fed up off its fordyness an bits falling off :lol:

Mate my 1st post sums it all up. Just had enough tbh of it all, not the cars fault just fed up of all the bollox that comes with it.

And as for breaking her..............................that has already begun mate.

And dont listen to Mike above...Mine is a dog if you know what your looking at/for...but is genuine atleast i hope it is ish :lol:
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Ford-stu on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:49 am

These classic fords were certainly sent to test us but the joy you can get from it when you finally get it right just can't be beaten.

Sad to read you have started breaking it already mate but who knows maybe one day youll be able to get yourself a good one that is ready to go and you will enjoy it again.

Stu
Ford-stu
Poster
Poster

Your car: Frst/rs2000

Postby Fraggle on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 am

Ford-stu wrote:These classic fords were certainly sent to test us but the joy you can get from it when you finally get it right just can't be beaten.

Sad to read you have started breaking it already mate but who knows maybe one day youll be able to get yourself a good one that is ready to go and you will enjoy it again.

Stu

It was a good un(ish :lol: ) untill i got fed up and wanted it to be better still...
tbh more from a safety/MOT/Reliability points, esp with nippers going in it, never gonna be the safest motor in the world but tbh it needed to be better :)

Nah wont ever have another fiesta of any Marque mate,
its Jap time or a S1/S2 rst, they'll be the only things that'll keep me in a ford for a while more...
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Michael! on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:21 am

he's joking - he's being silly because he knows he's keeping it ;)
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Gus!! on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

I get annoyed by the fact that when i say to people i want an rs1800 next, someone always turns around and says 'but its not jap' at this point i want to strangle them!! I have no problem with jap cars at all but it seems to be all anyone is in to lately. I have a ford, my mate has a polo and i have a mate with a starlet gt turbo!! I mean if something looks good then why slate it, i am a bit hypocritical when it comes to french cars (blame the people that drive saxos for that) i can understand why people are in to different things but i think it gets to everyone in the end!! If someone critisises you, don't sell up. I mean some people say my fezzer is s**t and slow (which maybe true) but i'd like to see some of these new cars last 22 years!! Maybe i just enjoy moaning?? Thats the good thing about this forum, everyone seems to support eachother and actually come up with good ideas. And if people dont like something, they wont say its s**t they tend to say its 'not to their taste' which is fair enough. Passionford every1 seems a little stuck up to me!! :D Anyways, dont sell up mate unless you are sure, if you feel like a change (like something vag), do it, i dont see why you should have to stick to fords?? Moan over :rolleyes:
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre, and rust holes are lighter than rust!!
Gus!!
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Mk3 Fiesta ghia 1.1!!

Postby Fraggle on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

^^^ Cheers mate. ^^^

As ive said all the way through this post i really dont want to get shot, i owe it to the car to restore it, but i simply dont get ANY free time to touch it, when i do im all alone as all other hands are busy with their lives.

The FRST has got to be the hardest of all fords to sort, parts being like hens teeth is a MASSIVE issue for me, and all the other above points ive mentioned too..

Just makes it ni-on impossible to find the motivation to carry on when you can if you know what i mean, always fail before i start....

We shall see how much longer i can hang on to it....................................
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Michael! on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

my mk3 is being neglected too bender - winter is s**t for motivation - just wait until march time and crack on. thats what im doing!
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Michael! on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

ALSO, WHERE THE f**k HAVE YOU BEEN
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fraggle on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Sir Michael! wrote:ALSO, WHERE THE f**k HAVE YOU BEEN

:o :lol:

Mate i work alot of very strange and varying times, ESP this time of year(do alot of cover work) so it is ni-on impossible to do anything or plan anything(might be better once spring springs) as my phone can/will ring with only an hours notice or less...no extra pay for it either...
if i want the cash i just have to say yes sadly, hence IM NOT FCUKING ON HERE MUCH :cry: :lol:

And ultimately my FRST plans of work time, AS ALWAYS are suffering..Im Miserable all i can do is make notes, gather info and hang onto that till i can actually go and act on it..Frustrating me badly :(
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Gus!! on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm

I have the opposite problem!! I am now waiting for my hours to pick up, as i currently have nothig to do in the day but no money to do anything!! Plus, i want to get my motorbike back up and running so i can save a lot of money (£4 fills the tank) but i cant afford to fix that yet!! So i'm a little bit fed up atm
Too!! :(
Rust is lighter than carbon fibre, and rust holes are lighter than rust!!
Gus!!
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Mk3 Fiesta ghia 1.1!!

Postby fezzRS on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:35 pm

how ya going fraggle spread the love mate :D
fezzRS
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: run about

Postby Fraggle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:35 pm

fezzRS wrote:how ya going fraggle spread the love mate :D

:lol: :o

im good mate, well apart from the above...........................................

Just had a mooch of your thread, hope your well??

And yes i shall be back spreading the old man hemans of love all over the forum alot more in the near distant future...need to get my FRST happiness back first :rolleyes:
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fezzRS on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:32 pm

what parts have you got mate surely u cant break your rs
fezzRS
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Fraggle on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:33 pm

So the time has come.

Ive said this soooooooooooooo many times but this time its a definate, she is going.

Its been a battle ive tried so hard to beat but i just aint got it no more, chasing dead ends, messers, nowt available, time, money,family..................
So tomorrow night she should be (finish time dependant..)on the spit, will be photographing the underside to PROVE whats what then all being well onto the bay.
I am gutted to do this and feel ive failed what is a rare ,rare car nowadays, but tbh its for the best, esp for her and my happiness, its literally made me ill trying to source the bits, so for us both its best.

Ideally id like to find a front screen an arch's before sale but tbh if i dont she be listed ONCE, if that fails i'll be putting the grinder to her, and selling in chunks.
Sadly imop the scene/demand have put pay to her fate, plus the above have compounded it, ive just gotta do whats best financially/mentally for me.

Money needs to be elsewhere, career too so the cash will go that way.

If anyone IS GENUINELY interested in buying all ive got for her inc shell, i WONT GO a penny less than 1000-1500..
bargain imop considering her condition, and the spare's i have, if that fails well its the above.

Genuinely very very Sad times for me but needs must, i WILL regret it but tbh i wont if you's catch my drift, but my RS days are done unless a FRS can be done..but tbh even then im just done with fords.

And the fraggle is done an all, time to move onto the ladder of mundane motoring life, and accept 19 is many moons ago now :(

BUT ive GENUINELY enjoyed my time here, some top folk on here, and im sure i'll do a show visit for a giggle, and yup i'll linger for a bit here to help the newuns if i can,..

So a MASSIVE THANKYOU to all who have been supportive, informative, and above all else acceptive of my ways( :lol: ) ive been a plank 99% of time but thats me so blow me if you hate me :D

I'll be back soon no doubt, so i hope you all hang tidy, stay sweet and above all else legendary folk.
Gentlemen i now bid you all nuff respect and a very very Good morrow.

For now........XX
Fraggle
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Lost the love/Rant/Moan

Postby dontpannic on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:58 pm

DO NOT CUT THE fudgekin THING UP.

List it as many times as it needs.

If it was a 1.1 then I'd say break it and cut it up but do NOT do it to a genuine RS.

By not finishing it, you're not failing. By cutting it up, you will.
dontpannic
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta ST / Saxo VTS track car

Car: 2007 Ford Fiesta ST

Postby jayrs on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Second the above mate, but shame its gotta go but still, if its what's needed to happen so so be it :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Michael! on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:41 pm

genuinely shed a tear.

sell it as a whole and buy a vw ;) and dont stop coming on here because you dont have a fez! 3/4 of the time ive been on here ive not had a ford hha!

stop talking about it and buy a fu cking focus.
Michael!
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby fezzRS on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:05 am

Yo blood keep the faith it happens to us all ya know but keep the fairh briv
fezzRS
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.