"K80" ZT - Engine Back In! (23/05)

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

Re: "K80" ZT - Still Progressing (Slowly!) (25/02)

Postby Tweek on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Not yet, that is the one and only piece I'm missing! :(

The new inlet setup I have came with a new wiring harness too so I'm going to cut the other end out of a Focus next and re-wire the Emerald wires into that so it just plugs in
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: VW Golf GTD

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Zetec Turbo

Postby philip_d on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:02 pm

What problems were you having with the injectors? was it the sealing problems?

It just that I have noticed there is two different type of filters on the Nissan injectors, don't know if this would give you issues.

Here's the two different type of filters;

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/images/D/jecs3-04.jpg

I noticed yours filters was like 1-137 in the pic, and the Fords one are more like the 1-124 in the pic (same style as the guide on here). Don't know if that could be the problem? not sure if the filters are interchangeable?

Link to where I found the pic;

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Nissan-J ... -Feed.html
53 Reg Focus RS - No.2169
13 Reg Midnight Sky Fiesta Zetec-S 1.0T
M Reg 5 dr Java Blue Fiesta Track Car (In Progress)
philip_d
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
Your car: Ford Focus RS Mk1

Postby Tweek on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:18 pm

Hey Philip, the problem with the seals was that the lower O-ring at the pintle end never seemed to fit properly. Using the OEM seals it would leak quite badly out the sides and then using a larger seal would deform and fail when pushed into the seat. What I did find that worked was removing he pintle cap completely and using 2 OEM seals together! Well, that was up until the boost kicked in and then there was a distinct smell of fuel!

With the new build, I have changed the inlet manifold to a plastic Focus RS setup (which does just about fit!) and now using end-fed injectors instead which fit properly in the oem rail etc.

Sadly never got it to Ford Fair yesterday. I've barely had time to work on the car for the last 3 months or so. :cry: First time I've been without my own car! Had to take the work van so if anyone saw a nice blue new shape Transit Connect, that was with me :lol:
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: "K80" ZT - Full Steam Ahead! (19/05)

Postby Tweek on Thu May 19, 2016 11:18 pm

Well, well! It's been well over a year since I last touched this but I can now report (for all those remaining on here) that the project is moving along at a fair pace once again! I had toyed around with selling both cars and getting a new Focus ST instead but this has come too far to abandon it now!

Anyway, since the dodgy Japanese injectors killed the last engine, I've built another one and heavily revised at that! New inlet manifold, fuel rail, injectors etc. New breather setup, revised pipework etc etc. More importantly though, whilst everything was out again, I've had the whole front end replaced with new panels and started the respray (inside) with the new colour, and what a lovely colour it is! :D Anyway, pics!

The strip down back around February last year!

Broken piston:

Bits stuck to the valves:

New block:

Wossner pistons this time and new steel rods:

All back together again:

Spun the compressor housing around this time since it was a bit daft to have the outlet going upwards when the intercooler is down!

Actuator bracket had to be replaced with a new one from Demon Performance:

So, that's the engine virtually ready to go back in, now back to the car itself...

Front end got chopped off! :o :o

Bits cut out again, etch primed etc:

First glance of the new colour! :aviator:

Wires everywhere...

And now currently sat like this, ready and waiting for the engine to go in after I've soldered on a new multiplug to go with the Focus inlet manifold:
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Fri May 20, 2016 7:10 am

Nice mate, coming on well dude.
On the road for FF?
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Excursion on Fri May 20, 2016 3:11 pm

Looking good.
Excursion
Bulletin Board User
Bulletin Board User
Your car: Ford Fiesta

Car: 1990 Ford Fiesta XR2i

Postby AW3K on Fri May 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Wayne come do mine. I've got everything you need lol
AW3K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: "K80" ZT - Engine Back In! (23/05)

Postby Tweek on Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Engine's back in wooooo. A few things left to do now:
1) Fuel hoses - Focus fuel rail is a fair way away from the Fiesta Zetec fuel rail connectors
2) Breather/Separator I got off a Focus RS sadly fouls the servo, looks like it's back to a catch tank!
3) Brake servo vac hose - Focus RS inlet manifold has a larger hole than Fiesta, will get an adapter to fit Focus to Mondeo hose.
4) Oil cooler - Always wanted one of these, will bolt it where the charcoal canister used to sit with a meshed vent in the arch liner. Not sure what to do with the PAS cooler yet but the oem one won't be returning when it's running.

A few other little bits and bobs I'm changing/adjusting too but overall we're on track! That said, I have noticed a little smidge of oil on the front crank seal so I'm hoping that isn't leaking!

Also, managed to bend my nice new front panel slightly when lifting the car, isn't too bad though. Added some edge beading too which smartens up the cutouts no end! You'll see the slight bend.

Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue May 24, 2016 7:26 am

Whooo hoooo mate :Q
That snagging list isn't too bad, you will have they sorted in no time :Q
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby Max M4X WW on Tue May 24, 2016 8:27 am

Tweek wrote:Not sure what to do with the PAS cooler yet but the oem one won't be returning when it's running.

I fitted an in-line one from an X-Type which is basically a straight pipe with fins on. It fitted behind the lower panel and I bent the holes a bit to make them into little air scoops (or so I thought) but the fins would have helped regardless of airflow.

Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Merc CL500

Car: 2014 BMW M135i

Postby Tweek on Tue May 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Max M4X WW wrote:
Tweek wrote:Not sure what to do with the PAS cooler yet but the oem one won't be returning when it's running.

I fitted an in-line one from an X-Type which is basically a straight pipe with fins on. It fitted behind the lower panel and I bent the holes a bit to make them into little air scoops (or so I thought) but the fins would have helped regardless of airflow.

That looks pretty cool. What did you do with the return hose? Loop it back on itself?
Tweek
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Max M4X WW on Tue May 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Tweek wrote:
Max M4X WW wrote:

That looks pretty cool. What did you do with the return hose? Loop it back on itself?

Err, I can't remember - I think it went round the back of the engine bay but that seems a bit odd though.
Max M4X WW
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Merc CL500

Car: 2014 BMW M135i

Previous

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.