Heelllpppppp

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

Heelllpppppp

Postby brownfiesta on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 am

Just bought a first

It's a 1.6 as normal but has the t3 turbo conversion

There was a really bad boost issue, as in it would cut like hitting a wall at a certain amount of boost

So I had a look and the ecu hadn't been chipped so I've bought a 195 chip, fitted it and the problem is still there just not as bad

The injectors are standard blue, if I change them for beige and get it set up would this setup be ok?

Or am I looking in the wrong place for a problem, would it be a sensor or something gone down?

Cheers
brownfiesta
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: h reg black frst

Re: Heelllpppppp

Postby mikeymikeyp on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:55 am

you dont need a chip to run blues mate ,,has the car got an amal valve /boost guage
mikeymikeyp
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby brownfiesta on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Right ok, so ditch the chip? It seems better now its on?

And yeah it's got a boost gauge
brownfiesta
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby russ-RST on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:20 pm

From memory you shouldn't be running any more than about 14 psi on that chip depending what ecu you have, also with that chip you shouldn't be running standard injectors , sounds like its over boosting which is very typical.. Let the car cool off cold, jack up if its lowered so you can see under the engine bay, get your head under and adjust the actuator, you will want to be making the bar LONGER for LESS boost, typically standard boost is set by the pre load, basically undo it until the hole in the rod is matching perfect to the waste gate arm, then wind it in shorter so you have half of the wate gate pin see able then pull it over and clip it on, this should if you actuator isn't a updated out you to standard boost (around 9/10 psi I think) take it for a run afterwards and try it , it shouldn't hit boost cut then. Also if you have an Amal valve fitted this could be playing up, simply unplug it and with the vac hose just go straight from the turbo compressor housing to the actuator , job done.

Russ
russ-RST
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: fiesta rs turbo

Postby brownfiesta on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Ok cheers matey, will have a look next weekend let you knowif it's any better, shall I remove the chip for now?
brownfiesta
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby stevo™ on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:57 am

id change the injectors either way mate as there not very good over standard power also try disconect the amal valve as there prone to going wrong and leaking
stevo™
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.