Guide to Fitting XR/RS skirts/arches to a standard fiesta...

Please check here before posting to see if your question has been answered before.

Postby bluefiestamk3 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:36 pm

Just wanted tosay, the arches and skirts do tend to go out of shape, ive got this problem on my 1.1 were ive got a half inh gap between the front skirt and the arch.

The main thing you want to look out for, is when you buy a kit online off someone, ebay or here (there is a couple of sets of xr2i kits on ebat atm) make sure that on the arches, they have the inner bits, these are what you screw through to the metal arch. The ones i brought had obviously been used on a car with either way to big front wheels that scrubbed all the time because i dont have the ineer archlips on my front ones.

When fitting the kit, id say screw the skirt on first, because you can line it up on the sill and yuou know its perfectly right, as for what i did was screw the arches on first then place the skirt over the arches and i got that gap! now im probs gonna have to redrill the holes for the front arch :(

Tis a bugger but looks oh so sexy when its done :D
bluefiestamk3
BANNED MEMBER

Postby cerberous on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:32 pm

i see u used evo-stick to fit the arches, i found something called tiger seal which body shops use and its like concrete. for the arch bolts i got some stud from b&q and cut it to length and use nuts to fit. the hardest part woz drilling the holes to get the arches to fit right.

i did this on a 5 door and smoothed all the arches and rear bumper to the car (4 weeks and alot of heart ache)
cerberous
Poster
Poster

Postby rs_craig on Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:46 am

hi ive just bought some pu7 polyurethane joint sealer. any 1 used it and know if its any good for stickin arches on. its made by tetrosyl.
rs_craig
Poster
Poster

Postby fiesta sapphire on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:25 pm

im think instead of screwing the arches to the inner lip im gonna clip them on!with some strong clips [ERRR] i will be rolling my arches soon
ImageImageImage
fiesta sapphire
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby jackbaps on Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:21 pm

COol guide, will be using this soon!
jackbaps
Post Master
Post Master

Postby AndyRS1800 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:02 am

Doing this next week when i'm off... gettin the arches ready for my 17's...
AndyRS1800
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby chopper-reid on Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:24 pm

Anybody else done this since?? im doing my si tomorrow and need some tips. i done it 2 years back to a 1.1 fiesta but instead of using clamps i just used masking tape. Also the skirts didnt fit over the arches perfect, it left about an inch gap between the fitting. Any tips???

cheers
chopper-reid
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby badj on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:46 pm

i used this stuff from a DIY shop, 'gripfill' green tube, put it in one of those plastic gun things

gr8 stuff for sealin/holdin

then i p38'd the gaps n smoothed them in
badj
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby xrtiAdam on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:05 pm

this bloke is always seling tiger seal on e-bay!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZ2-m-a-dQQhtZ-1
xrtiAdam
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby RoryT on Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:44 am

BTW, how did ford fit the arches to the cars when they were on the production line?

Does anybody have any ideas?
RoryT
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby Liebo on Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:00 pm

Erm, studs through the metal with clips/nuts on the other side (never quite sure cos they have always been rusted).
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:09 am

Rs turbo/ xr2i / rs1800 models have different front wings compared to standard mk3 fiesta's. The front plastic arch wont sit the same as factory fitted ones unless you cut up the wing and weld new bits on. Easier to fit xr2i wings on the front when at bodyshop to get the real mcoy look. :wink:
ImageImage
~nomad~ wrote:Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby Liebo on Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 am

I never heard of that... when I went for a new front wing for my XR2i, they looked pretty much the same except the XR2i had the holes pressed in them ready to accept the studs from the bodykit :S
Liebo
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Gazeddy on Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:17 pm

5DR OWNERS
adz did a great job of his 5dr heres what needs cutting to allow your back doors to open and close
[/img]
1.6 si coming soon
5 Door Register
Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their heads out of car windows
Gazeddy
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby taylor5788 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 am

Rs turbo/ xr2i / rs1800 models have different front wings compared to standard mk3 fiesta's

i never knew this either. i thought all mk3 wings were the same. My kit fits perfectly to my Si - no gaps or nothing. i just need to remove the arch spats and actually FIT the dam things rather than keep checking to see if theyll fit :lol:

am i gonna have to take the front arch liner off for anything like clamp accessibilty or tightening the screws?
taylor5788
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Previous

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.