FiestaTurbo.com INSURANCE with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Club insurance schemes with Chris Knott Insurance, Prestige Keep Moving and Adrian Flux.

Re: FIESTATURBO.COM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Postby snake on Tue May 19, 2009 9:21 pm

cheers when the time comes! :)
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:28 pm

One issue that has arisen is that a very small minority of people are saying we haven't called them back. Small minority or not, we want to speak to everyone who rings us.
I can assure you we call everyone back without fail!

The reasons we don't manage to speak to people is because either they have gone out, the wrong number has been taken down or, as has been said quite often recently, people don't answer numbers they don't know!

Our stats show that we only manage to contact 2 out of 10 people on average! It’s frustrating for us as well!

I would therefore ask that if for any reason you have had to leave your number that you PLEASE RING US BACK WITHIN 2 HOURS MAXIMUM IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING, or otherwise, please leave alternative numbers. (Mondays & Fridays are our most busiest however!).

(I covered for a colleague recently and was given a list of 4 people to ring back for a quote. None responded so, of the 4, I left messages on 2 answer phones, whilst 1 phone just rang & rang & the other was engaged consistently for hours. I checked a week later and at least 3 had not rung us back - I didn't have enough details to check the fourth).
Chris Knott Insurance – forum insurance partner
Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
and QUOTE REF: 841-FTC
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Your car: N/A

Postby trecoll on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Phoned Chris Knott on Monday and they smashed my adrian flux quote (AF: £929 / CK: £834.99)

However, they have just been beaten by bell (flexi-bell - 12months - £819.55) When I phone back tomorrow I'm hoping they can beat that by about 10% too (would be: ~ £740 - around the price im happy to pay!! :P )
trecoll
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:36 pm

trecoll wrote:Phoned Chris Knott on Monday and they smashed my adrian flux quote (AF: £929 / CK: £834.99)

However, they have just been beaten by bell (flexi-bell - 12months - £819.55) When I phone back tomorrow I'm hoping they can beat that by about 10% too (would be: ~ £740 - around the price im happy to pay!! :P )

Hi Trecoll
Yes, give the team a call.
And bear in mind the charges that insurers make midterm, as was told to me by a guy insured with them I saw today!

Be good to speak to you about your own forum as well.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby trecoll on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:08 pm

Were busy so am waiting for a call back! :P

Yeah, Tim, I forgot about you earlier on this year, will give you a message sometime soon when im not sooo busy :lol: :D
trecoll
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby trecoll on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, they didn't phone me back (on my office phone which is always available and has voicemail and an incoming call log)

However, I did phone them yesterday evening and they were able to beat Bells quote too, so have taken a policy out with them :)
trecoll
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby curly on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 pm

willbe ringing tomorow, to see how chep you can do mi fes for me please :D
k496 ghk-blue-fully customised1.1(scrapped)
g23 ean-white-smoooothed2i(scrapped)
h789wvo-red- slammed2i-2.0l(dayly hack)
[HOONIGAN]
main priority!!!
A-B-U-S-E-!-!
curly
Post Master
Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi
Just to let you know that I'm away next week (20-24 July) & 24-28 August so if I'm a little tardy in replying, you'll know why!

Please continue to post your experiences on here. We've had a great year so far, taken on more staff - twice now (!) - and streamlined our system to cope better so it's good that we can help you!

One club actually complained that we had so much positive feedback/testimonials on our email, that it took them ages to open it!!!

When ringing for an insurance quote, please don't forget to quote the club name and/or reference number found either in my signature or in the original post of this thread.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ayasha15 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:18 am

hmm news to me, though something would of been posted up to inform us of this by now
ayasha15
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Remarkably, July was our 3rd best month EVER in terms of business!

Considering we have been going 26 years, that is great news especially in these days of the Credit Crunch.

The reason for this is due to the fact that users of this and other forums are insuring their cars with us, simple as that!

Therefore I'd like to thank all who have rung us & would encourage everyone to ring us anytime up to 14 days before their renewal date.
It's a freephone number so it won't cost you anything to call (though if calling by mobile, it may be better to call on 01580 752961).

You must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving), and all drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

It's imperative you quote the Club name & reference number found either in my signature or my introductory post as the community of forum users is better statistically claims-wise than non-forum users – hence the reason why the premiums can be so much cheaper.

As previously mentioned, our average recorded saving for our new customers has been £60.02 in 2009 but of course many of them have seen bigger savings! (I read on one forum only this morning that we had saved one guy £200 off his BEST quote elsewhere!).

What have you got to lose?!
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby andymac on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Just reinsured the ST with Chris Knott, 6 years ncb and three points about to expire.

Knocked £150 of of my nearest quote (which was almost £400 off my renewal), so yes, very pleased, just a shame won't insure under 25's on my car - means Kittie can't drive it (so I'm back to being Des again) :(
Nothing to see here...
andymac
Elite Pie Master
Elite Pie Master

Your car: Your car: Your car: Your car:

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Please don't forget to ring us if you have received your car insurance renewal through.

People insuring with us in the first 6 months of this year made an average recorded saving of £60.02 off their BEST quote.

In July, we had our 3rd best month ever in 26 years of trading.

Earlier this month, we recorded our best ever weekly figures from the forums.

We have taken on more staff to cope with demand.

This scheme has been set up for you as a community so we can provide the discounts on your other cars as well!

Please ring 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile, and don't forget to mention the club name/reference number.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:01 pm

There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.
However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk, who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,
2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,
3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM
4.EMAIL THIS TO peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk
5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : FIESTATURBO
CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 841

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper
Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car
(If less than 12 months ownership, please
give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy
(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving
For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use
If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years
Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years
Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote
Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

Best quote
Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby sexydean on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:05 pm

my insurance is with ecar,
i got insured in feb a month after passing my test for the second time,(speeding)

fiesta rs turbo
25 with no ncb
license held for 1 month
sp30 6 points
£700

i will give u guys a call in feb, got loads of mods to decalire now, 7k worth tobe honest lol
sexydean
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby dangerousdave on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 pm

thats good pal i got quoted around that from adrian flux last year! did you declare any mods?? i am putting a low boost ZT in mine now and cant wait to see what figure they come up with

whats any one elses price to insure a 2.0 ZT??
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby sexydean on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 pm

dangerousdave wrote:thats good pal i got quoted around that from adrian flux last year! did you declare any mods?? i am putting a low boost ZT in mine now and cant wait to see what figure they come up with

whats any one elses price to insure a 2.0 ZT??

no mods, didnt really have any whne i picked it up lol, im going zt to when my zvh dies, its only done 1200 miles since then tho lol
i think i emailed u then by mistake lol
sexydean
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Postby dangerousdave on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: PM recived mate........ :D :P
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance renewal is due in November. (You can also email us (see separate thread) if you can't ring Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or Sat morning 9am-noon).

From September onwards, we were given increased targets of attaining an extra 25% worth of business on already six figure sums (overall written premium) for new customers.

In both September & October, we have achieved this!
(The target set for renewal retention was also accomplished!).

This shows that, because of both our prices & customer service at new quoting stage & at renewal, surely it's worth a (free) call to get a quote?

0800 917 2274 or if phoning by mobile, 01580 752961, though not free. (Please make sure you fulfil the criteria so we can quote!).
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:54 pm

We’re pleased to announce the launch of Chris Knott Breakdown Cover to our car club/forum partners.

This high-quality, reliable cover is a fraction of the cost of RAC or AA cover and offers more benefits.

The price for full UK breakdown cover is £54.50 and major benefits include:
• Mechanical breakdown cover
• Recovery home or original destination if repairs cannot be carried out at roadside
• Accident or vandalism cover
• Fire, theft or attempted theft cover
• Flat battery, loss or breakage of keys cover
• Lack of fuel cover
• Accidental damage to tyres cover including punctures for motorcycles
• SMS text messaging service to mobile phone callers advising them of ETA of our operator
All the above benefits are available under the "Home Start" cover if the breakdown occurs at the Customer's home.

Please see http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/docs/Chris ... akdown.pdf for full details.

Cover is available at your breakdown renewal (which means you don't even have to be insured with us!) or to run in-line with your Chris Knott car insurance renewal date, and is underwritten by Brit Insurance Ltd.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm

We have just announced plans to move to much larger premises from 1st March 2010. Existing customers will be notified in due course but this is all due to the success of our insurance scheme as we look to expand.

This year we took on 50% more staff in our New Business team just to cope with demand and as more people hear about the scheme and contact us, we will look to continue to increase our numbers so as to maintain the positive feedback we receive.

We have already hit November's target with a week still to go so again thank you to those who have rung us for a quote.

I'd ask that anyone coming up for renewal (including family) within the next 21 days to please give us a ring on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 by mobile (as cheaper).

Please mention the club name/reference number and don't forget our car breakdown policy at £54.50 for full UK cover. I announced this on the site a few weeks ago and it has generated quite a lot of interest already.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Explanation of phone system changes
to improve call handling.

Just to let you know that we’ll shortly be improving our phone system so that you’ll find out sooner if all our operators are busy. This rarely happens now as we've added more staff but this is for the odd occasions when it may do.

At the moment, if the whole quoting team is engaged, customers get through to a receptionist who takes down a phone number and we call the customer back. The downside is that, when we ring back, it’s either not convenient for them to talk or we get voicemail.

So to improve things and increase your chances of getting through to us first time, we’ll no longer take down numbers for call-backs. Rather than keeping you holding, we’ll tell you earlier that we’re busy and ask you to call back when it’s most convenient to you.

That’ll save your time and your phone bill (unless you’re already saving by using our 0800 number) and we’ll be able to handle more calls first time round because we won’t have quote staff tied up ringing other customers back.

We’ll monitor how well it works over the coming weeks and make any changes as necessary.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Just as a matter of interest, when I look at the number of people who have called us from this forum and compare that to the number of forum users, it is quite a low percentage.

I realise that some people don't meet the criteria but we have broken records quite often this year in terms of income showing that this scheme is successful when people do ring us. In fact, we're on target for it being one of the best years we've ever had in 26 years of trading.

My question is why aren't more people calling us on here? Just curious!
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby RS rob on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:27 am

i tried you today

58plate mk6 fiesta zetec s tdci
26year old
5 years no claims protected

best you could do was £431
so unfortunately looks like i'll be staying with adrian flux
paying £357
RS rob
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:04 am

Tim@ChrisKnott wrote:Just as a matter of interest, when I look at the number of people who have called us from this forum and compare that to the number of forum users, it is quite a low percentage.

I realise that some people don't meet the criteria but we have broken records quite often this year in terms of income showing that this scheme is successful when people do ring us. In fact, we're on target for it being one of the best years we've ever had in 26 years of trading.

cant speak for others, but for me, your too expensive, and cant match or beat the price im getting.
i tried last year and you were over £150 more than what i was paying, and im with HIC and have been for about 8 years and no one can bet them it seems.
however, my insurance is due around the end of jan, i will give you guys a call for a price, but tbh, i dont think your gunna be able to match or beat it.
im 29, full protected ncb, FRST, like for like on the mods, agreed value etc, about what you would expect, so dunno why people cant compete against the price i get :-?
still i'll give you another shot after christmas (unless you can qoute now for end of jan???) and see how you do.

buti reckon its coming down to being to expensive and not giving a competitive price, what works for one person/group of people doesnt work for the others
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby dangerousdave on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 am

jayrs..... im 29

pull the other one :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:49 am

jayrs wrote:
Tim@ChrisKnott wrote:Just as a matter of interest, when I look at the number of people who have called us from this forum and compare that to the number of forum users, it is quite a low percentage.

cant speak for others, but for me, your too expensive, and cant match or beat the price im getting.
i tried last year and you were over £150 more than what i was paying, and im with HIC and have been for about 8 years and no one can bet them it seems.
however, my insurance is due around the end of jan, i will give you guys a call for a price, but tbh, i dont think your gunna be able to match or beat it.
im 29, full protected ncb, FRST, like for like on the mods, agreed value etc, about what you would expect, so dunno why people cant compete against the price i get :-?
still i'll give you another shot after christmas (unless you can qoute now for end of jan???) and see how you do.

buti reckon its coming down to being to expensive and not giving a competitive price, what works for one person/group of people doesnt work for the others

Alas, we don't offer Agreed Value for cars with many mods.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby RS rob on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm

RS rob wrote:i tried you today

58plate mk6 fiesta zetec s tdci
26year old
5 years no claims protected

best you could do was £431
so unfortunately looks like i'll be staying with adrian flux
paying £357

mines not agreed value tim, its only a year old
RS rob
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Tim@ChrisKnott wrote:
jayrs wrote:

Alas, we don't offer Agreed Value for cars with many mods.

rellay :-? how come?
tbh, most places offer that now, maybe thats a reason not many people on here are going for it :-?

and when you say many mods, what do you class as "many mods" as my insurance company doesnt load me etc, and tbh dont bother with any mod that doesnt involve changing the power of the engine, hence why i was loaded only about 5% for the chip, cam etc everything else they didnt worry about, is that the same with you guys, or do you take every change into account no matter how small?
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm

dangerousdave wrote:
jayrs..... im 29

pull the other one :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shuuuuuuuuuuuuut it you sl@g :P
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby RS rob on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:33 pm

well take it as you've not replied to either of my above comments
thatyou have no reply as to why you cant come anywhere near my adrian flux policy then :(
RS rob
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:28 am

RS rob wrote:well take it as you've not replied to either of my above comments
thatyou have no reply as to why you cant come anywhere near my adrian flux policy then :(

Sorry for the delay. I would have replied sooner to this post but i've been away on business - just got back today!

Re your quote, did you tell our team what you had been quoted from them?
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi
Just to let you know I'm taking a (well-earned?!) rest over Christmas!

From today, I am only in on 23/12 but then off till 4/1/10 so won't be able to answer insurance-related questions on here till then.

Of course, the office will still be open each day except the 'Bank Holidays', Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Saturday afternoons & Sundays – 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if ringing by mobile.

The claims department is manned 24 hours a day and the claims helpline number can be found on your Certificate of Insurance & policy booklet.

Have a good Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby jayrs on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:32 pm

have a good one too mate
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi
As with most people, we have been affected by the snow but most of our staff are in now though it took some time. We are due more snow in our location in the next few days but as half our staff are fairly local anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.

I'll let you know however if there are any significant changes re staffing!

UPDATE - JUST BEEN TOLD WE ARE SHUTTING AT 3.30PM TODAY - WEDNESDAY 6TH JANUARY!
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks to all who have rung us for a quote.

We have just calculated the figures for 2009 and they show that the average recorded saving we made for our new customers last year was 12.5% off their BEST quote so it's certainly worth a call!

We consistently average over 80% renewal retention as well (December was 84%!) so people are happy at renewal as well!

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 until 1/3/10 then 01424 200477.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.