FiestaTurbo.com INSURANCE with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Club insurance schemes with Chris Knott Insurance, Prestige Keep Moving and Adrian Flux.

Re: FIESTATURBO.COM INSURANCE SCHEME WITH CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Postby jayrs on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm

little disapointed, been trying all morning to get through for a quote, waiting upto 15 mins at a time with phone just ringing, but nothing, and now office is closed :(
sorry tim, its not your fault i know, but i was very disapointing, to the point i wont be calling back :(
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:06 pm

jayrs wrote:little disapointed, been trying all morning to get through for a quote, waiting upto 15 mins at a time with phone just ringing, but nothing, and now office is closed :(
sorry tim, its not your fault i know, but i was very disapointing, to the point i wont be calling back :(

Sorry.

I've been off all week with flu but from what i've heard, the office has been frantic.
I will find out what happened when i'm back in but please accept my apologies.
Chris Knott Insurance – forum insurance partner
Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
and QUOTE REF: 841-FTC
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Your car: N/A

Postby jayrs on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:47 pm

no probs mate, not your fault at all.
since my post ive spoke to my insurance company again, and i think i will give your place a call on monday to see if theres anything they can do
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm

got a quote today tim, am very surprised, even with all the mods it wasnt that far off my renewal (compaired to last year), but couldnt beat my renewal unfortunatly, but was still a bloody good price!, in fact, your compnay was the next cheapest this year.

out of interest, do you company plan on offering laid up policeys at any point in the future? as i asked today but you dont offer them at the moment

i will be calling at the end of the month for home contents insurance qoute too now :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:28 pm

jayrs wrote:got a quote today tim, am very surprised, even with all the mods it wasnt that far off my renewal (compaired to last year), but couldnt beat my renewal unfortunatly, but was still a bloody good price!, in fact, your compnay was the next cheapest this year.

out of interest, do you company plan on offering laid up policeys at any point in the future? as i asked today but you dont offer them at the moment

i will be calling at the end of the month for home contents insurance qoute too now :)

Hi
Afraid we don't offer laid up. We used to but the insurer withdrew and there are no plans to offer it i'm afraid. Sorry.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby jayrs on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Tim@ChrisKnott wrote:
jayrs wrote:got a quote today tim, am very surprised, even with all the mods it wasnt that far off my renewal (compaired to last year), but couldnt beat my renewal unfortunatly, but was still a bloody good price!, in fact, your compnay was the next cheapest this year.

Hi
Afraid we don't offer laid up. We used to but the insurer withdrew and there are no plans to offer it i'm afraid. Sorry.

no worries mate, the lady did explain you didnt do it no more, but i forgot to ask if there was any plans in the future, but no matter.
cheers
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

LATEST NEWS

Hi
Just to let you know that the scheme now allows modified vehicles with an increase of up to 50bhp.

Best wishes
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi

Just a quickie to let you know that we, as the club’s insurance partner, are running a competition for registered users.

All you have to do is read our online interactive magazine and answer 3 simple questions to be in with a chance of winning 12 months comprehensive UK Breakdown Cover details of which can be found here - http://www.ckinsurance.co.uk/docs/Chris ... akdown.pdf

Click the link and good luck - http://issues.pageturninteractive.com/C ... nott.co.uk

The draw will take place on 31st March 2011.

Please feel free to ring us for a quote if your car insurance is due – 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477. Just quote the reference in my signature.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby jayrs on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:23 pm

already done it mate as i got the newsletter the other week :lol:
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:26 pm

jayrs wrote:already done it mate as i got the newsletter the other week :lol:

Excellent.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby zetecsi16v on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:44 am

Hi Tim

I already have a policy with use for my Fiesta Rs turbo but i was wondering if it is possible to add another car to the policy?
I also own a fiesta mk5 1.25 which is parked up at the moment but with the prices of fuel now i no longer can afford to run
my fiesta rs turbo as a daily driver so is there anyway i could add another car to the policy or would i have to take out
another policy? reason im asking this is im getting really stupid insurance quote's on websites like gocompare etc for a fiesta with only a 1.25 engine!
i pay £750 a year on my Fiesta rs turbo and im getting quotes higher than that on a 1.25! thats madness :o
i have not had chance to get a quote for the fiesta mk5 1.25 with chrisknott yet as i have only just checked those other sites tonight
for quotes.

cheers
craig
zetecsi16v
Poster
Poster

Your car: fiesta rs turbo

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 am

zetecsi16v wrote:Hi Tim

I already have a policy with use for my Fiesta Rs turbo but i was wondering if it is possible to add another car to the policy?
I also own a fiesta mk5 1.25 which is parked up at the moment but with the prices of fuel now i no longer can afford to run
my fiesta rs turbo as a daily driver so is there anyway i could add another car to the policy or would i have to take out
another policy? reason im asking this is im getting really stupid insurance quote's on websites like gocompare etc for a fiesta with only a 1.25 engine!
i pay £750 a year on my Fiesta rs turbo and im getting quotes higher than that on a 1.25! thats madness :o
i have not had chance to get a quote for the fiesta mk5 1.25 with chrisknott yet as i have only just checked those other sites tonight
for quotes.

cheers
craig

Hi Craig
Unfortunately you have to take out another policy with us but if you are claim-free and 25+ we can give you an excellent introductory discount.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby MK3wannabe on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:17 am

Hi Chris,
Just wondering what the prices are like for young(er) drivers. I'm 20, never crashed 2 yrs NCB and still i get my pants pulled down by damn near every insurance company going. I'm lucky if its under £1000, but for some reason everyone younger than me with 1 yr ncb seems to get it for like 700-800!! Can you shed any light on why??
Josh
MK3wannabe
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: MK3 Fiesta Equipe 1.3

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 am

MK3wannabe wrote:Hi Chris,
Just wondering what the prices are like for young(er) drivers. I'm 20, never crashed 2 yrs NCB and still i get my pants pulled down by damn near every insurance company going. I'm lucky if its under £1000, but for some reason everyone younger than me with 1 yr ncb seems to get it for like 700-800!! Can you shed any light on why??
Josh

Hi
We should be able to quote for ypu but as you're under 22, then it would be TPFT cover.

There can be many factors why someone is paying less/more than you, notably the postcode they live in but also mileage per annum, group of car, etc.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby MK3wannabe on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm due for renewal soon, I'll drop a call then :)

Its only confusing because he's my next door neighbour, drives a 1.4 megane and definitely goes further to work than me :S

I put it down to blind luck. heh

Thanks anyway
MK3wannabe
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: MK3 Fiesta Equipe 1.3

Postby a1i.c on Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Does the insurance scheme cover Jersey? If it does, I'm assuming it'll send out an insurance disc for the car too. (We don't have road tax here, as that's put on the price of petrol but do need to display the fact we have insurance).
1994 1.3 Fiesta LX
a1i.c
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: Fiesta LX mk 3

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi
My apologies for being away from the forums for so long. We have had a few internal changes.

March is a very busy month for insurance renewals so please feel free to ring us if your car insurance is due for renewal in the next few weeks.

In 2010, we recorded an average saving of 10.5% off our new customers quotes elsewhere and we have just had an extremely good first 2 months of the year – surpassing our target by quite a vast amount!

In fact, we were already two thirds to our February target a quarter of the way through the month!

It is great to see people ringing us up but we would like every possible person who fits the criteria to at least ring us on the freephone number and hopefully see the benefits that so many other people are seeing.

Please phone on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles and don’t forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature below.

Also, please can you give me your feedback regarding the quote on here as we see so little feedback compared to the number of people who ring us for a quote!
The figures show a good number of people ringing but only a handful ever post!
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi

Whilst the insurance market seems to have hardened over the last 12 months or so, we have always worked hard on our customer service and it’s nice to see comments on the forums of people being satisfied with our efforts. We endeavour to assist customers to our utmost and trust this is a major reason why people renew with us year after year.

Bearing this in mind, please feel free to contact us for a quotation on your car (and home!) insurance when they are due. We would be more than happy to quote for you.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:43 pm

The next edition of our interactive online magazine is due out this month. We already have a lot of subscribers but if you aren’t and you’d like to be added to the list, please send an email to magazine@chrisknott.co.uk with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject field.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby Ollie on Sun May 08, 2011 8:39 am

My insurance is coming up on the XR2 soon so just wondering if you have any special policies for cars that don't move and are in bits scattered around a garage? :lol:
Ollie
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: VW Polo SEL 1.6 TDI

Car: 1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon May 09, 2011 11:42 am

Ollie wrote:My insurance is coming up on the XR2 soon so just wondering if you have any special policies for cars that don't move and are in bits scattered around a garage? :lol:

Alas no, sorry.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby Simon84uk on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm possibly looking at a new policy maybe next week as will be dragging it to the MOT station.

My question is though, regarding:

Tim@ChrisKnott wrote:LATEST NEWS

Hi
Just to let you know that the scheme now allows modified vehicles with an increase of up to 50bhp.

Best wishes

How strict is that 50bhp rule? and is there a limit on modifications? as I have a pretty extensive list.

The nitrous will not be in car until I take it to Santa Pod, at which point it will only be connected up when I get there. Don't want void insurance or po-lice issues. Is this a porblem?

Simon
1991 Fiesta RS Turbo - Project Thread - 285.8bhp, 320ft/lbs - Sold to a good friend :cry:.
Simon84uk
Post Master
Post Master
Your car: Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby curtisr0213 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm

well im 19 with a fiesta mk3 azura untouched without no claims couldnt afford insurance is why best quote .5grand reckon you could beat it?
curtisr0213
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: fiesta mk3 azura

Postby jakerowles on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:15 pm

hi anychance in getting me an affordable insurance quote ? im 17 had my licence around 8 months not quite got a years ncd as of yet , im feeling as if i dont get cheap insurance soon im just going to get a fast car and do without , its a joke . i dont care what the polocy is aslong as i am legal to drive on the road , i dont even care what car i have really . thanks jake :D
jakerowles
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: pulse adrenaline 125 / klx650

Postby gingerxr2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:20 pm

just had my renewal,and a joke tbh,mk2xr2,8 years NCB,5k a year,£1200 value,33 years old,no points,nearly £600 :o ,the 1st quote ive had beat it by near £200,so dont think il be continuing with chris knott after using them for 2 years,shame, ring me if you think somet not right (phone number removed by mod, please send phone numbers by pm) Anthony
gingerxr2
Poster
Poster

Postby jayrs on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Removed the phone number as its best to keep it off the forum in this case IMO
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 am

gingerxr2, please PM me your real name and your postcode (plus your CK Ref if you have it) and we'll take a look for you.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 am

There's a few posts on here requesting quotes for drivers under 19. Please note we can only cover drivers aged 19 and over for TPF&T, 22 and over for Comprehensive. Sorry.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby gingerxr2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm

well i have renewed with chris knott,they matched prestiges quote,well almost, £12 difference but for that amount id rather stick with someone ive done buisness with for last 2 years and had no probs,but its not on askmid yet,so wont drive car anyway,il call in morning to remind to put it on,thanks
gingerxr2
Poster
Poster

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 am

It's the insurer that updates the MID and it can take up to 48hrs.

There's no danger in you driving the vehicle. If you get a pull by the boys in blue you can just give them our number and your reference. We'll confirm cover. If we've sent you the docs by email you'll have a cover note anyway.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:34 pm

If your insurance is due before the end of June 2013 you could benefit from the Chris Knott SALE. And there's the chance to WIN an iPad Mini 16Gb WiFi just for getting a quote - post1932662/#p1932662
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Tue May 14, 2013 4:31 pm

This month in particular has seen a great response from forum members to our flexible pricing strategy. It's so successful that we're signing up around 38% of all quotes offered - that's better than one in every 3 quotes (almost 4 in 10).

I also just wanted to remind you that there are only a couple more weeks left until we close our Prize Draw for an iPad Mini. All you need to do to enter is ask us to quote for your car insurance before 31st May.

Please give us a try if your insurance is due soon - others are saving £££s and there's the chance to WIN an iPad Mini. But that's not all we have to offer...

If there were 4 comments that best sum up the benefits of our service, it's these, received in recent weeks:

"Mine's all sorted signed and sealed with CK. Very quick and easy and most importantly, an efficient/professional service. Compared to the original renewal from Churchill, CK were over £300 cheaper. Compared to the cheapest quote from the usual sites, CK were around £50-£100 cheaper." Akash - VWAudi Forum

"Many thanks for all your help - it makes the whole process much less of a chore dealing with a friendly, helpful & professional human being rather than a faceless website! Also I appreciate the fact that Chris Knott advertise a 'proper' number so that it doesn't cost a fortune calling from a mobile. I will definitely be recommending Chris Knott to anyone who asks." D Birtles, Recommended by a friend

"Chris Knott have just given me an absolute steal of a price. I can't tell you or you'd not take this post seriously! I only left them as they had a funny uncompetitive year but they are back and I am very happy to be with them instead of some random internet only cowboys." ofnpanad, AlfaOwner.com

"Well, I've just taken out my S-Max insurance with Chris Knott, and I have to say that Rebecca did a fabulous job of finding me a great quote, recognised my lack of computer skills and talked me through everything. How nice it is to talk with someone who is professional and patient. For the first time, speaking with insurance companies today, I actually felt that I was being valued as a customer. Any problems or concerns and I only have to call back, and chances are I can speak to the same person again. Well done Chris Knott Insurance for restoring my faith in customer service." Fezzer, SMax Owners Club

You should call Chris Knott Insurance for a car quote and to benefit from a better level of service. Find out how much you could save and, if calling before 31st May, get free entry into our iPad Mini draw. Hurry - not long left for the draw!!

We'll be running another great competition via our Facebook page soon - so please LIKE the Chris Knott Facebook page. In addition, there'll be a draw for a year's FREE UK Breakdown Cover once we reach 500 LIKES. Don't miss out!
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Please remember to include Chris Knott in the mix when searching for a car insurance quote.

For good drivers, we can often beat your best alternative quote when we know what it is - dis-regarding what the system says we should be quoting. That's because our insurer partners trust us and allow us to quote what we need to to get them good quality business.

This year so far we're signing up even more forum members than last year so we must be doing something right!

"Ian insured with Chris Knott a couple of weeks ago and reported the best deal he's ever had, thanks guys" said Alfanutz admin, Zender156.

Call Chris Knotts and we'll find you the best deal based on your individual needs. Alternatively, you can complete brief details at http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote and we'll call you back.

High for the industry, 78% of Chris Knott's clients are renewing this year too, which means we are pretty consistent in our pricing - not looking to change the rate if the risk is the same as last year.

It's true there have been a few comments regarding the length of time it takes for us to answer calls. But we're pleased to say that we've listened to feedback and have now made it easier for you to get through to the quoting team. They were previously handling other types of enquiry but we're now fielding those enquiries to a separate, dedicated team. You should notice a great improvement.

Pick up the phone today if you're due in the next few weeks and see how much Chris Knott can save you.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Re: FiestaTurbo.com INSURANCE with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:06 pm

UPDATE: Chris Knotts can now quote you even younger

Further to the above, we have some more great news for members - we now have a provider on board that will quote at lower driver ages.

For young drivers we can now offer cover at age 19 for Comprehensive on most non-performance models and smaller/older hot-hatches. You must have held a full licence for 12 months and have at least one year's NCB.

This new facility also means that we can now quote Fiesta RS's for drivers aged 25 and Fiesta ST's at age 23. The provider is also adopting the experience requirement we have in place so you'll need to have 12 months' experience of the vehicle or one of similar performance. This will help us to protect the account in these early days.

Chris Knotts can quote your postcode
On the postcode side of things we can now quote SK1-12 where this was previously a no-no - insurers have agreed to open up those postcodes (though there may be parking requirements for some postcode sub-sectors).

Along with the M, L, and OL postcode relaxations we've already notified you about, we're really pleased to be able to bring you these extra positive changes.

It's great when you can see proof that we're working harder to assist more car club/forum members - in this case, removing some of the barriers to you getting a competitive quote from us if you're otherwise a safe risk.

Please pick up the phone and ask us to quote when your renewal is due.

Don't forget to mention the club code below to make sure you receive the full club scheme benefit.
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

Re: FiestaTurbo.com INSURANCE with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Postby ChrisKnottIns on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 pm

UPDATE: Chris Knott - a discount is not just for Christmas

This news just in from our Motor Manager, Paul…

One of our major insurer partners has offered us an extra 15% off their rates. They’ve seen how much better car club/forum members generally are as drivers and they want to attract you. We’ve said it before but if price has been the only barrier to you switching to the Chris Knott scheme, you need to pick up the phone and let us remove that barrier.

At the moment we’re signing up about 50% of the quotes offered to car club/forum members but with this extra discount we’ll be able to beat even more members’ best quotes.

You’ll remember the great success of Chris Knott’s 2012 END OF YEAR SALE? – well this could outstrip even that. This is a DISCOUNT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS but seeing as there’s NO END DATE in sight, it will even benefit those whose renewal isn’t due for a few months.

Here’s what car club members have said about Chris Knott in the last couple of weeks (genuine quotes with usernames supplied) and the extra discount wasn’t even in play then:

”Purchased an MPS 6 yesterday and Chris Knott Insurance was by far the cheapest on both cars (MPS was £540 - 23 years old, 2 years no claims) and the service was the best from any company ever. Keep up the good work!” MeetKane, MPS Owners Club

“Chris Knott Insurance got it well below what the competition offered!” TurboPete, Mercedes-Benz Owners Association

”Just signed up with Chris Knott. Great price £250 fully comp on a 2009 GP Abarth, 3 points, 40 years old, 5 years NCB protected, legal, key cover, £250 excess. Happy chappy!” Martwho, Fiat Forum

”I don't normally find such good deals, so I don't normally shout about them, but Chris Knott Insurance gave me a quote which was more than £300 BETTER than the first one I had elsewhere, and nearly £40 better than anyone else could do. Top stuff.” MarkBT, Briskoda.net

”Just insured my Grand with Chris Knott. Helpful, non-pushy sales staff and it saved me almost £200. A very happy customer :) Paule, C-Max Owners Club

”Talk about quoting me a price that nearly made me faint - doubt I will be doing anymore research. Expect a call after payday :D. I spoke to a guy called Paul - finally an insurance guy that knows what he’s talking about.” Sternritter, MPS Owners Club

As long as you meet our usual criteria, we expect many more members to have this kind of experience with Chris Knott Insurance. Ask us to quote today.

Call Chris Knott Insurance on 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477) – it’s our job to save you as much as we can on your car insurance while giving you good quality cover and sound insurance advice.

MORE NEWS, this time about a UK Breakdown Cover OFFER, coming in the next few days - just in time for Winter... watch this space!
Like us on Facebook
ChrisKnottIns
Authorised Trader
Authorised Trader

PreviousNext

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.