dangerousdaves zt!! the end!

Post pics of your Fiesta here.

dangerousdaves zt!! the end!

Postby dangerousdave on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:35 am

hi guys just a hi new here and all that! bit about my car! i bought it at the beggining of 2007 as an xr2i ran it for about 8 months before it siezed when i took the head off last week i noticed that the pistons were had grew so must of stretched the rods so :x now i am picking up a rebuilt rs turbo compleate engine tomorrow still need a few parts but will put a post up when i know what i need for sure! dont supose anyone knows if the wiring loom is much different do they?? cheers will post pics of engine tomorrow and better ones of car but for now........

will post some better ones tomorrow!! cheers
Last edited by dangerousdave on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:36 am, edited 29 times in total.
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i into rs turbo or xr2i turbo!

Postby dangerousdave on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:36 am

not too sure iu resized them right!!! lol
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

xr2i turbo update...real thread now!! lol

Postby dangerousdave on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Right as i said to jay earlyer after seeing all those cars at ford fair yesterday its made me want to get mine in top condition! so this week i am prepairing to get it moted next week first job is to give it a wash then take some pics! :) :Q

and then the not so good rear quarter panel that will be replaced later this year hopefully!!

dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i turbo update...real thread now!! lol

Postby jayrs on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:27 pm

dont look too bad mate, dont look like it needs much to get it tip top fella :)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:03 pm

well need a new indicator stalk (no hazards) and inner cv boot for the mot from what i can see! then i want a new rear quarter panel on it and may even do new wings and passenger side rear too at the same time if i dare to take the kit of and look :lol: that is if i manage to find a job soon!! :(
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dannys-frst on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:03 pm

nice dave what you doing to the little beast then got much planned??????
dannys-frst
Poster
Poster

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:48 pm

well after the mot im buying a set of rs2000 rear brakes for it off my mate, i have a superchip ( need to find out which) so i may need a cossie pump and some bigger injectors

Then i will just plod about in it for a year or 2 while i build a zt from scratch as i aint had much luck with buying second hand tat, lol :( :(
Last edited by dangerousdave on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AW3K on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:08 am

hi mate did you buy that from my brother ages ago from wakefield west yorkshire? number plate looks very familiar,

Keep up the good work

Andy
AW3K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 am

yeah mate got it from around there, bought it with a broken windscreen cause he tried to fit a length of wood in and slammed the boot!!lol :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: must of been you who he said fit the alarm then buddy?? had it around 2 1/2 years now i think!!
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AW3K on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:19 pm

dangerousdave wrote:yeah mate got it from around there, bought it with a broken windscreen cause he tried to fit a length of wood in and slammed the boot!!lol :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: must of been you who he said fit the alarm then buddy?? had it around 2 1/2 years now i think!!

lol yeah thats my brother dumbass he is lol

yeah i fitted the alarm, selca one fm711 i think it was same alarm i have

Glad its been given a new lease of life mate :)

ANdy
AW3K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:16 pm

dont suppose you got the cert to say its cat 1 do you?? (worth a shot if not :P ) as my ins company refused a letter from my garage last year!!

yeah i got a brand new screen for 50 quid thro my ins so now i need to find the heated screen relay as it dont work :-?

pretty much changed everything other than the numberplates!! :Q
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby AW3K on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:47 pm

dangerousdave wrote:dont suppose you got the cert to say its cat 1 do you?? (worth a shot if not :P ) as my ins company refused a letter from my garage last year!!

yeah i got a brand new screen for 50 quid thro my ins so now i need to find the heated screen relay as it dont work :-?

might have one kicking about, its not filled in or stamped tho, not registered

Andy
AW3K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby black2 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:45 pm

Cars looking nice, dont see many xr2i's around now.

Just out of interest how hard was it to convert your xr2i loom to run an frst map sensor & ecu? Are you running ofac, only reason i ask is because i will be coverting my xr2i loom shortly to run ofac in order to manage a zetec turbo.

Gareth.

The return to standard, from the above sig pics - back to how Ford intended..............
and-so-it-begins-update-24-02-08-vt162934/
black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 pm

i got one from ebay mate because i couldnt get the amel valve to work (even tho this one is wired for a t3 and is no good) but my xr2i loom worked anyway i just changed the air temp sensor plug in the inlet manafold, the map sensor has the same fitment as i used the ofac!

some xr2i looms work some dont its just pot luck most of the time mate as there is no rule of thumb!! :bonkers:

if i were you and was wanting to run zetec turbo i would prob spend that extra few quid and get a mappable aftermarket ecu, would make all the difference buddy. :Q
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby black2 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 pm

So you bought a loom already converted?

Ive read that some 2i looms works and others need 2 wires changeing round.

My zetec turbo is only going to be low boost, low finance afair, I already have an n/a 2.0 zetec in the car at the moment, so if the zetec turbo goes pop i shall just put the n/a 2.0 back in again.

I cant afford to be spending 5-600 on aftermarket management at the moment what with the mortgage etc. One reason im doing the zt is because i already have all the parts except the ecu & map sensor, should be good fun im not after big power just a fun zt really.

Gareth.

The return to standard, from the above sig pics - back to how Ford intended..............
black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:20 pm

yeah i bought an ofac engine loom its the same as my old xr2i loom if not worse couse i still had to tape it up and the locking clip on the edis4 is snapped.. :(

im not to sure how you would do using this setup on a zetec tho i only sugested an aftermarket system as by the time you have an ecu (100 quid) loom (50 quid) then i would of thought it would be an extra 200 is quid for some one to program a chip designed for your needs.

i would rather spend that extra and wait another month or so and have one thats going to last longer and perform better!! (its took me over a year on and off to build this!! :D )
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 am

AW3K wrote:
dangerousdave wrote:dont suppose you got the cert to say its cat 1 do you?? (worth a shot if not :P ) as my ins company refused a letter from my garage last year!!

might have one kicking about, its not filled in or stamped tho, not registered

Andy

sorry didnt see this! .. what would i need to do to get it valid?? get a garage stamp on it??
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby black2 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:18 pm

dangerousdave wrote:yeah i bought an ofac engine loom its the same as my old xr2i loom if not worse couse i still had to tape it up and the locking clip on the edis4 is snapped.. :(

im not to sure how you would do using this setup on a zetec tho i only sugested an aftermarket system as by the time you have an ecu (100 quid) loom (50 quid) then i would of thought it would be an extra 200 is quid for some one to program a chip designed for your needs.

i would rather spend that extra and wait another month or so and have one thats going to last longer and perform better!! (its took me over a year on and off to build this!! :D )

Yeah I understand what you are saying, but I already have a loom which cost me nothing. Just the ECU & map sensor to source. If I had loads of cash I would get better management but theres a very well known zetec turbo on here running ofac with an MSD custom chip and as far as i know its been bullet proof. The only changes I will be making to the engine its self is to run beige injectors, as long as i invest in a decent ECU map all should be well. *touch wood*

Gareth.

black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby M1K3Y_B on Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Going to smart when its all fixed up :)
| M1K3Y_B - It's A Ford Thing, You Won't Understand! |
dontpannic wrote:Mikey B knows as much about directions as a chinchilla knows about tapdancing! :lol:
M1K3Y_B
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Car: 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic

xr2i turbo update...pre mot checks

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:35 pm

right, had a look round the car checked the lights all but hazards working so i whipped the stalk off and swapped it now it all works so i thought id tidy it up a bit so i whipped the rusty wipers off to spray them

before

after

so while on a roll i thought id swap my rear passengerside wheel over for the spare and get it re sealed as it has been sat a while and lets air out now, and while i do it ill paint the wheel rack, well i found an mot failure while i was down there...... :-?

:oooh: :oooh: :oooh: The ARB bracket is snapped ( i took the bolt out!) and im sure i read a post yesterday saying they have been discontinued..... :( :-?
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i turbo update...mot time!

Postby dangerousdave on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:41 pm

right then its booked in for tomorrow morning this will be its first time on the road since the beginning of '07 :bonkers: so lets hope it passes!! only thing is i didnt sort the rear ARB so its currently off altho if its not there i dont think it can fail!!?? but if it does i have a new bracket, i was wanting to polly bush it tho while it was off :) :)

will update tomorrow ether with good news or a long list of bits that i must sort out! :-?

cheers

Dave,
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i turbo update...mot time 14-9-09

Postby dannyxr2i on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:19 pm

good luck dude :D
dannyxr2i
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Turboboy67 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:37 pm

I have recently bought a full set of rear arb brackets from my local Ford dealer, so i would say they are still available.

:D
Turboboy67
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: 911GT3 RS

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:56 am

cheers shaun i will look into it mate

well the good news

is after changing a headlight and wishbone i got a mot ticket :D :D :P

the not so good news

after driving less then 10 miles on a supposedly rebuilt engine (previous owner) sound like a bag of spanners in the bottom end :-? :-? :( i think the oil pump has gone as when it came on boost the oil light came on yet the oil is full (unless the wire or sender is faulty)

so im in two minds to strip it and put an oil pump and shells in or start my 2l zetec turbo project early!!!
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i turbo update...20-09-09 prob found

Postby dangerousdave on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

right spent the last 4 hours with my mate stripping the fiesta down again! we even got the engine stripped too to find the problem of the knocking noise, ..

well i first thought it was the oil pump but that looks brand new, so wiggling the pistons i found all 4 had a little side to side play and no3 had loadsa forward backward play so took all the shellls out no 1, 2, 4 were ok but no 3 had a split down each one and they had then wrapped around interlocking in each other.

so my mate is taking my crank to be ground this week and get some new shells to suit and hopefully it will be sound for a year or two while i build the ZT!! :)

will update with pics when i have a decent camera to hand!

cheers dave
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i turbo update..2.0 zetec arived!!

Postby dangerousdave on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:25 pm

right picked up my new engine today :) am quiet pleased as it used to be in a fiesta before so it has the sump change ect and also has the manafold studs for the cvh exhaust also came with FRST gearbox and an xr2i down pipe and a few polished bit which were 2 lifing eyes a spark plug sheild and a oil cap :) :)

will get some pics up this week some time just a few things i need to know really....

* i know most people relocate the breather to the rear because on the turbo but if i made a 10mm spacer it may clear the breather .... any one else done that?

* the inlet, does it need the FRST TB and TPS as i have noticed the wire colors are the same and i was thinking of just joining them up ( im asking as im using ofac to run the engine )
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i 2.0L zetec turbo, fuel rail mount!!

Postby dangerousdave on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:17 pm

well today i went and made a fuel rail mount, its not the best looking thing ever but i think it will serve its purpose!! i have looked into mant ways to do this but i mounted my injectors to the rail with the zetec pulgs/buckets on the end of them and mounted them onto the rail

i then mounted this to the zetec inj housing then mounted this to the zetec inlet manafold ensuring it just cleared the ISCV then i cut, drill, ground and got my good friend to weld in place all the parts untill i came up with this.....

i also milled ou the FRST rail mounts so they sat straight like so....

i also turned some spacers to fit between these ......

all being painted gloss white as i type now!! :) will post an assembled version in the morning :)
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Re: xr2i 2.0L zetec turbo, fuel rail mount made!!

Postby black2 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Sounding good, looking forward to seeing the finished job. :)

Any further thoughts on the TPS issue?

Gareth.

black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 pm

cheers mate

the TPS? hmm think im going to chock block mine and see if it works for now as the wires are the same colors may need the outside 2 swaping round as there in the opposite side of each other, if it works ill make a proper loom up, if you want tho ill try and make you a plate this week still?? think im using original stuff tho as i havent read that its not possible yet..?? but i have read people use the 2l and 2.3l zetecs etc as an upgrade on the FRST

but as its my first zetec turbo build to pal im in the suck it and see boat at the min!! lol

how are you plumbing your water pipes in?? does the fiesta thermostat housing fit the zetec block?? i havent checked yet!! i think my turbo sits very close to the water pump tho as did yours, my only fear is if its to close the turbo will melt my nice samcos!! :( :( lol

will have it all painted by tomorrow afternoon so you will se it then mate!! took me all day to make tho so maybe theres an easyer way to make it but if mine turns out to be a little loose ( i doubt it but you never know!!!!) i can adjust it with smaller spacers :)

cheers
Dave
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby black2 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 pm

All sounds good mate.

The spacer yeah if you could make one then thats ideal but im intrigued (spelling) like you are to just the join the FRST TPS wires and run the zetec TPS??

Thermostat housing wise well I already have a 2.0l zetec in my fiesta and ive retained the original zetec item, not sure if the cvh one will fit. I dont see any issues with the water pipe plumbing though as it will be largly the same as it is now on the n/a zetec with the exception of the water cooling for the turbo.

Regards the bottom hose, theres enough room to fit the botton hose using the set up we are using. I trial fitted one and its tight but fine. TBH I cant see the pipe melting as there are already pipes that mount directly to the turbo. Just have to see how t goes once the engine is up and running and done a few miles.

Gareth.

black2
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 pm

yeah ill lokk at making one for you poss wednesday afternoon , what do you want to do regarding the small hole in the inlet to the bottom left of the TB mount? i think its prob for the ISCV, are you relocating it anyway? are you happy with hacksawing you TB mounts into a slot as it is prob the best way without making new holes in the TB to do it?, will double check tomorrow and let you know mate!! let me know what you think pal :)

just asked about the plumbing as the zetec has an extra port in the thermostat to the front on the bottom ... just a case of bunging it up prob, i dont see why it needs to be there....???
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:16 am

compair the ohms reading between the frst and zetec tps, if there the same, and mount at the same angle theres no reason you cant use the zetec one
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 am

i dont own a tester :( and i dont think auto data has the info :( ill google it today
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby dangerousdave on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm

begun the day with a trip to wilcos for some nitromorse to try and sort the horrid looking inlet out and some degreaser to clean the parts up with i am painting!! :)

the inlet....

still a little more work to do on this as the day goes on ill also be going up to the garage to get the rocker cover off which is also that mank color.

so i also cleaned the rail, rail mount and spacers and then gave them a quick undercoat of gloss white

a few more coats throughout the day followed by a coat or 2 of laquer/clear

will update and prob have some assembled pics tonight..
dangerousdave
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 pm

i got auto data but can get it to work on the pc so not much help, lol, but i have these, posting them all up incase they of any use you you
yes 2 are dead small but still :lol:

jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Next

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.