central locking, which one is it?

Problem or technical question?

central locking, which one is it?

Postby twinpawer on Thu May 10, 2007 10:35 am

Hi there,

I just got a remote control keyless entry module off EBay. It came with several instructions. Basically, it lists 7 types of different circuits, for connecting the module. Anyone can tell me which one applies to a Fiesta Mk3 (1992)? The central lock wires are colored white and yellow (don't know which is which but I think the Haynes manual states what they are).

(Note: There wasn't a type 5 in the instructions - It's not missing :) )

Any help would be really really appreciated!

Also, anyone can guide me on how to convert a negative trigger to a positive trigger? Do I need to use a relay, or is there some sort of electronic component ready to do the job?

Thanks a lot,
Karl
twinpawer
Poster
Poster

Postby heeman10 on Thu May 10, 2007 11:12 am

eBay central locking modules are a waste of time and money. You can buy second hand Mk3 Fiesta central locking modules complete with latches for about £20, which will bolt straight in and wire in with ease. The Fiesta uses a negative switched system.
James .:. 193bhp/245lbft Zetec Turbo Mk3. Click sig for conversion thread + videos .:.
heeman10
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Audi TT TDI Quattro S line

Postby AW3K on Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 am

if you are connecting it to the existing central locking that you have, the mk3 1992 uses negative locking so its type 2 diagram

but i think you should have gone for a alarm and not just the remote locking ad on

Andy
AW3K
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby twinpawer on Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm

I already have manual central locking installed (ford motors). I bought this to make it controlled via remote.

Regarding alarms, I exactly this module was given to me by a friend who didn't need it any more. I might consider an alarm system later on.

So if I connect it as the Type 2 diagram, it should work? Also any idea which wire is open and which is close? (white and yellow wire colors).

Regarding the negative trigger output, any idea how to convert it to a positive trigger?

The module has got a negative trigger power window output. My car has got a universal electric window kit, and as far as I know is positive triggered. (The electric motor has got two wires. If I connect +ve to one and -ve to other, it will go up. If I connect them in the other order (-ve and +ve), it will go down. Any ideas?

Thanks!
twinpawer
Poster
Poster

Postby twinpawer on Thu May 24, 2007 12:34 am

Today, I managed to find the time to connect the module. I tried connecting it as specified in the Type 2 instructions, but nothing works!

The central locking motors do not change state when pressed (both lock/unlock). It stays the same. I connected it as specified, with the white wire connecting with the close (yellow if not mistaken), and the white/black to the open wire.

The yellow/black, yellow and black are crimped together and connected to a ground point in the door itself, while the red is connected to constant power.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with it? Can I be sure that my fiesta is really of negative-type central locking? I bought the ford motors off ebay, not that came with it, so the motors may be of a different type?

Thanks!
twinpawer
Poster
Poster

Re: central locking, which one is it?

Postby SergioFiestaMK3 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 pm

Have you fixed it? I'm also using an alarm bought from ebay and when i connect both wires from the alarm to the white and white/black wires from c/l nothing happens.
SergioFiestaMK3
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Your car: Ford Fiesta Mk3

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.