2.oltr conversion spark problems!!!

CVH and Zetec tuning, suspension and braking mods.

2.oltr conversion spark problems!!!

Postby bigbobski on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:02 pm

hi to all, right here goes ive just fitted a 2ltr zetec lump into my mk3 rs1800 done everything right,had it running last night on a rs1800 ecu and it went like the clappers!!! however today i fitted si engine loom and desk ecu and it primes up(fuel pump) and turns over but no life from injectors or spark! so i swapped the engine loom bk to rs1800 and refitted ecu and now i get the same with that??? carnt work it out ive swapped coil,cps,relays and checked wiring about a 100 times and still nothing. is my ecu dead? if so any1 gt a spare to sell preferrably a desk ecu as ive gt chip for that.any help would be great.
bigbobski
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Re: 2.oltr conversion spark problems!!!

Postby MB7201 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:23 pm

Make sure the crank sensor and temperature sensor are the right way round, as they are close on the loom and often switched.
MB7201
Post Master
Post Master

Your car: Fiesta lx

Postby bigbobski on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:36 pm

checked it,and fitted new crank sensor still nothing :-?
bigbobski
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby bigbobski on Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:24 pm

12v at coil pack middle wire with ignition on an voltage drops wen turning it over.
bigbobski
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby bigbobski on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm

have now fitted the origanal non pats engine loom and pre pats ecu(rs1800) and still nothing,sent both ecus to be tested and no joy aparently they r ok,(weird thing is the place that checked ecu(auto-tronics in sheffield) says the rs1800 ecu is a 1.3 ecu,but ive checked ecu codes against fords database and it comes back as rs1800 130bhp ecu)fitted new crank sensor,coil pack,ignition relay n fuse...........still nothing!!!
could cam sensor cause problems as thats the only thing thats not been changed.
bigbobski
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby jayrs on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:03 am

are you plugging the engine loom in right? the engine loom and main car loom plugs are the same type and be be mixed up
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Postby mikeymikeyp on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:32 pm

jayrs wrote:are you plugging the engine loom in right? the engine loom and main car loom plugs are the same type and be be mixed up

been there done that :( :(

im sure they are colour coded but round the wrong way if u know what i mean ,,theres usually a rubber gromet on the fuel rail side
mikeymikeyp
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby jayrs on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 pm

yeah there is the grommet fella.

i would trace back the wiring you have done, something may of got damaged, or come off/broken causing the ecu not to get a feed or give out the signals required.
as you have tried 2 engine looms and different ecu's then i would say assume its not them and look at the main car wiring, check fuses and relays, check the connection plugs for any damage and to make sure the rubber seals havent ridden up over the pins (sounds stupid i know but ive seen it on my own car when i changed something)
jayrs
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: FRST, XR2, ST170, ST225

Car: 1991 Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.