ZVH conversion

Problem or technical question?

ZVH conversion

Postby oggyzetec05 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:25 pm

How much would it be to convert a 1.8 zetec bottom end to accept a 1.6 cvh head? Also where could i get this done? i have been quoted locally 290. but i dont know if this is cheap or not? Any help please people! :D
oggyzetec05
Poster
Poster

zvh

Postby MK4 Rick on Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:30 pm

do it your self mate its not rocket science to build one .290 aint that bad in price either on the other hand.
MK4 Rick
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Your car: Mk5 Fiesta

zvh

Postby MK4 Rick on Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:35 pm

on the other hand why dont you just build a zetec turbo and have done with.
MK4 Rick
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby oggyzetec05 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:48 pm

Yeah ahve looked into zetec turbo conversion more than ZVH but i have a fiesta turbo engine and loom sat here! so i thought just easier and cheaper way is to ZVH. Does the CVH head just bolt directly onto the zetec block with the right ZVH bolts? I mean, is there no drilling and tapping involved? just CVH head and new gasket? cheerz! :D
oggyzetec05
Poster
Poster

zetec

Postby MK4 Rick on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:45 pm

there is a lot more to a zvh than you think.you need to blank of four oil gallerys on the block to start.with zetec use the 1800 or the 2litre.or if your feeling adventurous do a 2.1.its all down to money i surpose.but your half way there if you have the cvh turbo engine.to do the zetec turbo conversion,you need to drop compression to begin with either forged pistons or decomp plate.im using decomp plate at the minute.forged pistons are expensive.anyway you need an oil return in the sump or block matter of opionion and also an additional breather on the back of the block.engine mounts either use the si engine mount or xr2i zetec both the same.or use the cvh one but then you have to modify the mount.also you need to decide which exhaust ur gonna use (limited to room) and which inlet.and then when you have sorted them things out you have to worry about turbos .t3 is good to start,all depends on what state of tune ur going or route etc.xr2i mangement is ok upto 11psi after that car starts to run lean.or use frst management ofab or ofac after that it gets really expensive.there is alot to think about before you start either zvh or zetec turbo.anybody on here will tell you .i live in manchester if you need help or anything just ask or anybody on here for that matter.
MK4 Rick
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby Brammer on Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:25 am

If you are bolting a cvh head to a 1.8 zetec block you don't need to use a decomp plate or pistons as the compression ratio is near to that of a standard fiesta turbo engine, this is suitable for running upto 18psi thats the max on the stock pistons (no skimming), above this you need forged or calibra turbo pistons fit but require block bored producing 2.1, or £500 for the correct pistons thats for 2.0l conversion

Just need to do all the rest in the post above.
Brammer
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Sierra Cosworth

Postby oggyzetec05 on Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:13 pm

yeah i was going to keep the fiesta rs turbo OFAB/OFAC management along with FRST inlet injectors and prob T3! Also i would press the return into the sump and dunno about the brether yet? any help on that? also what about the oil feed? where does it come from etc?? Also what about the four oil ways on the 1.8 block?? how do they get blocked? or what ever? cheerz! :D
oggyzetec05
Poster
Poster

zetec turbo

Postby MK4 Rick on Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:03 pm

gets very technical

the oil feed your talking about for the zetc can be found on the back of your frst engine.its a hexagon shape with an oil switch screwed into it remove it and screw into the zetc block.and take the oil feed pipe with it [ERRR] you will need it for what ever turbo your gonna use mate.oil return on the front of the engine needs fitting near the cps sensor in the same place where the frst one sits.needs drilling out to 18mm.as the part your gonna stick in there is gonna be an 18.5mm for a snugg fit.if you cant do that ,then do what rhinopower did to his sump .he by looks of it has drilled a hole into the alloy sump then got a piece of alloy tube and then had it alloy welded.looks good .that in my opionion only needs doing if your gonna race the car track days or street racing (oil surge)other than that if your gona do normal driving or a bit from the lights (not condoning you go and do it by the way)then you will be fine with the above.for the additional breather loads of differant ways 1st one being just plumb a breather in the back of the block roughly where the cvh would have sat and then you can use a baileys breather system.as far as turbos go mate its down to choice and what you want from it.a std 2 turbo is ok for normal driving.bit if you fancy a bit with your mates or a race track(etc)t2 picks very early as soon as you start driving and tails off towards the end around 4 to 5 thou revs.t3 on the other hand starts from middle range and if set up right will pull like a b##ch to the end.as i said down to money and what you want the car for mate.cruizing racing pozing (etc)any more questions please ask.if i have any info wrong people please correct me.
MK4 Rick
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby freak power on Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:43 am

If you bring it to me i will convert the block for £100 less than you have been quoted
Now driving a 1999 Audi S3 with 2.1 20v OD HTAGT3582r Turbo

Bring on the 650+Bhp 4x4 monster
freak power
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby oggyzetec05 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:06 pm

sorry for not getting back on this 1, been really bush at work etc......
thanks alot for the help lads!

FreakPower where abouts are you? Would be interested in the near future in doing the conversion, Firstly i'm doing a bit ov body work and that at my work firstly. but soon after (when i get the money) i will give you a shout! cheerz! :D
oggyzetec05
Poster
Poster

Re: ZVH conversion

Postby coolrazor_1 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 am

Hi Guys! I'm pretty new to here so thanks for having me....
Anyways...I know this question has probably been discussed a hundred times over but I was hoping someone can answer this for me. I have a mk 3 fiesta which I'm stripping to the bare shell and respraying and rebuilding....I wanna do something different so I'm thinking about a zvh conversion.

I have loadsa spares sitting around and I do most of my own mechanical work so the spanner time and parts wont be a problem. I'm planning on using a 1.8 bottom end and a head from a mk2 xr2 fiesta. Anyways, to get it up and running, and get it through the emissions test, I was thinking about running it on a carb and dissy. The main reason for this is that I want to stay away from ecu or standalone EMS for the time being. I'll go this route when I decide to turbo it.

Has anyone done this before and how successful was it?? :-? Any idea of the bhp from this setup? My end result is to set it up on twin 40s or 45s for the extra power. :D

Thanks in advance for the help!!
coolrazor_1
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby zvh council van?? on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:42 pm

can anyone give me a complete list of parts that i need to build and fit a 2.0 zvh turbo into a mk3 fez?? what mods do i need to do to the block other than pistons and rods
zvh council van??
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby demonboy7412 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Chech out this company before trying it yourself:

http://www.zvh-zetecturbo.co.uk/id17.html

lol I was just about to ask the same question, Ive got so far:

- 2.0l zetec bottom end (modified for zvh)
- 1.6 cvh head with cams
- T2 turbo, manifold, magnex turbo back exhaust
- OFAB ECU and loom, map sensor
- FRST box
- front mounted intercooler
- FRST radiator
- FRST fuel pump

Im pretty sure all i need is boost and coolent hoses and oil feeds, unless Im missing anything? :-?

My babies lol
demonboy7412
Poster
Poster

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.