Ford Ka Alternator removal

Problem or technical question?

Ford Ka Alternator removal

Postby XR2i-Fiesta- on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Has anybody ever tried to remove a 1.3 Ka alternator? :x I cannot believe it is so hard! Still after taking at the black plastic crap off around the front of the car I still cant get the tw@t off! Its because of the manifold pipe coming down into like a massive cylinder which leaves about 2inches of space to get a wrench in with a connector for a torx bit! and to make matters worse I think I have rounded the torx bit screw holding the alternator on!:x :x :x Anybody got any ideas on how to get me out off this mess cuz im really stuck and its p[ssing me off :oops:

Ha ha ha, a Leader? Who is this Leader? some sort or leader?
XR2i-Fiesta-
Post Master
Post Master

Re: Ford Ka Alternator removal

Postby snake on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm

15mm bolt down the front of the engine, 15mm nuts on top, i think you might have to take the engine mount off to jack the engine up, and yes you have to remove the torx studs, think you take the headlight out aswell, been a while since i have done one, but it aint nice!
snake
Trainee Burger Flipper
Trainee Burger Flipper

Your car: ford

Postby knuckles on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Welcome to the world of new cars.

They are a pain in the arse to work on, Ka in particular. You have to remove the bumper to change a headlight bulb !!!

come on how lame is that :lol:

good luck
ImageImage
~nomad~ wrote:Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby essexmarc29 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:06 am

knuckles wrote:Welcome to the world of new cars.

They are a pain in the arse to work on, Ka in particular. You have to remove the bumper to change a headlight bulb !!!

come on how lame is that :lol:

good luck

not true actually :bonkers: .pull back the arch liner at the front and the bulb can be changed from behind there :D .

yeah ka's are a real nightmare to work on engine bay stuff.
essexmarc29
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Your car: 1990 xr2i converted to turbo

Postby moondustka on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:20 pm

:lol:

You don't have to do any of that to change a bulb.. you can get to the back of the headlight from inside the bay.. both sides. Depending on size of battery you may have to remove that for the nearside, but that's it.

What Ka's have you been working on :-? :lol:
moondustka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Postby knuckles on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:11 pm

put it this way then. :oops:

When a Ka comes into fords where i work, the technicians dont remove the battery everytime they do a head light bulb on a ka. Otherwise they would be forever reseting the radios on peoples cars.

the ford way of doing it is buy removing the quarter bumper. :wink:
ImageImage
~nomad~ wrote:Good god I love Clark.
knuckles
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master
Your car: Fiesta Rs turbo

Postby moondustka on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:55 pm

I can still get my hand in to the cover of the headlight for access to the bulbs..

I don't see what removing the quarter bumper gains :-? And to be honest, it would be quicker to remove the battery and leave the customer to code in their radio again (not really a big deal!)
moondustka
Elite Post Master
Elite Post Master

Twitter

The second 20th Anniversary article, a dive into the history of how the site came about is available here: https://t.co/kbCfZ4sf0R

17:44, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

To celebrate https://t.co/wXVkvJipaS being 20 years old this year, I've written a series of articles detailing the… https://t.co/B0vE0Y3KvP

17:42, 4th December 2021 Twitter Web App

Follow fiestaturbo.com on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/fiestaturbo/

RSS Feeds

Subscribe to the RSS feed

What is RSS?

RSS is a technology that lets you use special applications or modern browsers to notify you you when a site is updated. You can then read the updated content in that application or your browser.

To subscribe to these RSS feeds you need to copy the links above. For instructions on how to add it to the feeds you keep track of, consult the documentation of your RSS reader.